After 5 years searching I finally get the game T.T

RockmanX

To finish with the 'get better soldiers topic':

Even if it is a random factor ( I can agree it is ) one can alter it by changing relations with those organizations ( no need to do it in case of androids, I always used to have enough of them, but if one wants to have more psi-gifted blokes - a 'friendly' relation should help a lot ).

Cheers, Plackey.

I don't remember the queen being necessary for toxin c research either. I think it's required for the toxin gas grenade though (which I never used because toxin-c was so powerful anything in view for 3 seconds was dead).

I found cloaking devices very useful for shooting aliens such as the mega spawn from a long range to weaken them. I have a psi-agent probing the mega spawn to check his life before moving in with stun grapples or grenades.

One tactic I use to try and capture the Micronoid aggregate without androids is to rush in with a group of 3 or 4 psi agents (sectoids) and if anyone is affected by psi control, I psi-control them back. Of course this has a lot of luck because you may not be lucky enough to control your agents guys back. Be glad you only armed them with grapples and shields :blink:.

Okay, thanks for all the help ill be sure to try it all.

Also, about getting the live overspawn, have you ever thought about installing apoc on full (or whaterver setting lets you have the pictures of all ufopaidea objects) and then looking through the file to see if there is a picture of a live overspawn? If there is, its probably likeley they you can either get a live one by killing it with certain weapons, or just pure luck, or its just one of those pictures they made but didnt use. But if it isnt required for any reaserch then i guess it doesnt matter but if i do get a live one i will reaserch it right away and then tell.

Yeah, the queen's mainly for the AG-Gas, which is an air-borne version of Toxin-C. A real crowd pleaser, if you know what I mean. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Nothing like standing in the middle of a horde of aliens... Combined with teleporters it's... Way too powerful.

The micronoid aggregate, if I'm not mistaken, is more important for Toxin-C and "The Ultimate Threat", or something along those lines, which is a prerequisite for the anti-alien gas.

---

As for the re-equipping thing, well, the trick is to have everyone store common items, like AP grenades, stun grenades, shields, smoke grenades and medikits all in the same item slots for every soldier. Soldiers with similar equipment should store ammo and weapons in the same locations as well.

Then just select multiple soldiers and equip them all at once rather than equipping each soldier one... at... a... time. Until I realised you could do this, you couldn't believe how much I hated manually arming every toxi-gun soldier with 8 or more clips, after every mission! Why couldn't they have just double or quadrupled the clip capacity, its weight and its price just to reduce the micromanagement? Oh well.

- NKF

I was just kidding about...

Hey, I didn't know you could do that! :blink:

Incedently, when you complete a mission, I foudn that the troops arived back, sat around for a while, then automatically re-equiped themselves to their original settings. I may be wrong, but that's how I remembered it. I tended to do the fine tuning anyway, to speed things up and make sure they were ready in time for the next mission.

Gees, they are greedy here:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ogames&n=468642

Last time I looked it was only 59.95 or 64.95.

Might want to buy it used.

Anyway, the flying cars (phoneix) does not need a driver, but one must go to the spot where the UFO has crashed, and probably have a Driver in it, to get the UFO picked up, afterwards. It will eventually say that you got the UFO, but at first it does not seem like it!

*link removed*

https://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/xcomap...ypse/index.html

Look at the Most Recent GameFAQ's Update -- there in the middle discussing text file guides to the game.

Look up any of the XCOM in the list here:

https://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy.html

ms-dos version here, but probably patches still available if can get game to work (probably need VMSSound - or something like that with Windows XP, and some ms-dos settings -- will not work with Windows 2000, but will work with Windows 98 still.

Collector's Edition the best! as Direct X was used, but Direct Draw must be turned off for UFO:Defense and Terror from the Deepppppppp....................)

https://www.free-cdsoftware.com/catalog/GAM...t0206ByLR1CQvu5

down at the bottom of the list!

But anyway, you will get the hang of XCOM:Apcolypse, and playing it!

Use the force!

No really, it just takes some getting use to, and watch out -- Don't get Killed!

:blink:

[Edit by Zombie: removed link.]

• 1 month later...
As for the re-equipping thing, well, the trick is to have everyone store common items, like AP grenades, stun grenades, shields, smoke grenades and medikits all in the same item slots for every soldier. Soldiers with similar equipment should store ammo and weapons in the same locations as well.

WoW, I never realised this :blink:

Anyway Apoc rocks, I've got a german version and I understand like half (being Dutch) but I still love it! Better a german version then non at all :)

The pros and cons:

Stun Grenade

Pros:

An area effect weapon

Detonation damage can cause stun levels to go over 80 - if timed right!

Puts out other cloud effect (like fire and smoke)

Compact.

Works through disrupter shields.

Cons:

One-time-use only

Stun clouds last a short duration

Stun effects are not instantaneous, rather are applied over time.

Puts out other cloud effects (like anti-alien gas)

Can stun the user (which can actually be a pro in the right situation!)

Cannot stun micronoid aggregate.

Stun Grapple:

Pros:

Fast attack and fast application of stun effect (much better for poppers and brainsuckers)

Recharges - thus is reusable

Cons:

Does not work through disrupter shields.

It's huge. Well, not 'huge' huge, but compared to the stun grenade, it's huge.

Stun 'bullets' can only hit one target at a time.

Cannot stun enemies until health is brought below 80.

Short attack range (it's still far enough to stop a popper dead in its tracks)

So which is better? Neither. Use them together. Although you will probably use more stun grenades because of their size and their ability to to ignore shields.

- NKF