Apoc...with badass rockets

SheaTastic87

Sorry guys, couldn't resist to add in some thoughts despite being a very old post!

Been a long while since I last played the game but just bought the game recently and was thinking of playing it some time in the future.

Anyway, with regards to the Entropy launcher, apart from the debate whether it kills 'naked' agents, how about ways to avoid being hit? Exiting the map is one that's already mentioned but I supposed hiding behind doors work as well?

*Imagine all agents running to hide behind the door, intently waiting for the tell-tale 'splat' of the enzymatic missile hitting the door*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does work, sure. Usually when one of my men starts "collecting" enthropy rockets I try to move him into cover as fast as possible to avoid his shield running out of power. Meanwhile others try to locate the shooter (if he was hidden) and take him out.

BTW, enthropy missiles do cause damage. And do create wounds that you need to cure with a medipack.

Well, I wouldn't say cover is useless. With cover, you can easily run about naked for 3 seconds and pick up your equipment again and go on fighting. It's when there's no cover and the aliens can still shoot at you, that's when running around in your skivvies is a less than desireable idea (but then again, you'll end up running naked anyway if you stay in your armour for too long).

Space Voyager:

Yes, you do get wounded and critical wounds from the impact damage. Not from the 3 second effect of the enzyme however. That just eats up the durability of all the objects on you.

- NKF

• 5 months later...

The dropping armor bit is because the enzyme was ALL on your armor. When you took it off, the enzyme came off with it. The smoke is just cause they didn't remove the animation.

I've tried using entropy launchers against human opponents (cultists, gangs, etc). Works well!

The enzyme itself does zero to shields, it's the missile which does it.

Now, back to the first question: An alien which takes out half the squad by itself? If you mean in one hit, you're definitely talking about the dimension missile. Which, if this was both your bro and you's first play through, I bet you didn't have disrupter armor researched. Or even if you did, you probably hadn't manufactured enough to equip your entire squad with it.

(actually, that's hard to do even for veterans : get full disrupter for everyone before dimension missiles appear)

So, yeah, I can just imagine your bro in a nicely decked complement of troops, you see an alien fire a missile at your team, the alien dies from your volley of shots from your crack team, but...

BOOM! Everyone dies anyhow!!!

Anyhow, in this game, rockets are all very badass. Try the dual marsec mini launchers on burst fire... erk!!! This WILL wipe out large groups of anthropods/ skeletons, really fast, cause as soon as one falls, all the ammo and explosives and weapons will cook off.