Poor old Apcoalypse

Stun Grenade

They cut through megapol armor, anyway, and that stuff seems mostly immune to normal arms fire.

Once I ran out of ammo while raiding the cultists (which was why I was there in the first place - to get more ammo!). So my soldiers were busy walking around the fallen looking for more clips.

Then a cultist turned up with a machine gun, and just SPRAYED all his ammo at my squad.

It did nothing. The cultist panicked, dropped his gun, and ran away.

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

yes it is cool to see bullets all over the place, knocking holes in things, making the walls fall everywhere...

then running out of ammo and panicing as the aliens close in on your men :)

I prefer the Machine gun on aimed for medium distance, but when its close up, spray and pray :blink:

yeah, i love apoc as well. i rate it my favorite game of all time. :blink:

Not so utterly decided, but it definitely fits in my "best off" category. One thing only I didn't like in Apoc. The way everything alien was biological - like furry guns and such.

Is there a mod or something that makes it more technocratic?

• 1 month later...

Bomb Bloke says:

I don't think Mythos lasted long after that, due to something Microprose did, or some such thing. All other X-Com projects (which the exception of the X-Com based third person shooter, Enforcer) have met terrible ends.

Mythos is still around, just changed its name to CoDo Games. .not sure if they have any plans or something... but we could try emailing them?

~SG

Is there a mod or something that makes it more technocratic?

Well, you can mod the stats of many weapons, hence moddin the game somewhat. Try "OVERKILL" for stats and "SizeEdit" for dimentions. Also a good .pck editor for editing the graphs, and voilá, you got a "new" game :blink:

I made myself, for example, the toxigun bigger (3x1), heavier (lust a little bit) and more accurate (just a little bit more). Also I made the disrupton gun smaller (3x1), altering in all cases the pictures of the equipment screen to fit the new sizes more logically.

If you want a challenge, make the disruptor cannon (used by them) more accurate and/or with a higher ROF. If more challenge is wanted, a more powerfull dimension missile is the way. It seems the aliens like to use them "in mass" against you.

Greetings

Alex