So, what is Horn of the Abyss?
HotA is a global add-on for Heroes of might and magic III that extends (and fixes if needed) classical gameplay elements and adds some of its own. On a more conceptual level – HotA is an attempt to continue legendary series RoE-AB-SoD as close to the original as it could have been done by NWC team, if only they had more desire, resources or even understanding of their own game. We try to keep classical h3 spirit in every tiny detail from code nuances to overall gameplay. Be welcome to check if we’ve succeeded!
The heroic features:
• New fully playable town – Cove.
• New war machine – Cannon. Available at Cove’s Blacksmith
• New artifacts and artifact sets
• New banks and conservatories
• New types of map objects
• New heroes
• Towns change their appearance, depending on Fort level
• Map editor
• Support for bigger map sizes (Huge, XHuge and Giant)
• A lot of balance fixes (like finally nerfing the necromancers or making life easier for Tower and Inferno)
• A lot of RMG fixes (for example, removing all sea elements from non-sea random maps)
• A lot of graphical fixes (like, really a lot… original game had plenty of graphical bugs)
For more detailed information about this grand mod and to download it go here.
Last, but not least, our special thanks to silencer_pl at our forums for calling our attention to this mod.