Winter is coming: Brace yourselfs

silencer_pl

So the full offensive has begun, and there will be plenty of battles. Most of them not that glorious since AI barely can produce any fleet that can stop me.

302.jpg

However this will lead to an avalanche of salvage projects. Some of them will be of minor use, and some of them will be very precious.

303.jpg

304.jpg

Since we've left for the domination let's upgrade those missiles so the colonies can defend much better now.

305.jpg

And still you can waste time with project you've already discovered.

306.jpg

So we are destroying other worlds, best to learn some "diplomacy" in the process.

307.jpg

310.jpg

313.jpg

315.jpg

319.jpg

323.jpg

All the way until I could demand total surrender... Unfortunately all of the races don't feel like it. It's time to increase the size of the boot.

During that time, there were of course plenty of salvage projects and you can think of as one project equals to 1-2 planets conquered. Because having a repair ship gives a chance to capture some tech and invading planets increases that chance.

309.jpg

311.jpg

312.jpg

314.jpg

316.jpg

317.jpg

318.jpg

And this one is so lucky to have. Now I will not have to worry about power if I get all the cool stuff.

320.jpg

322.jpg

324.jpg

And the armour I was lacking.

325.jpg

During also that time I have encountered Zuul attack with their first Dreadnought... The only impressive thing about it is the ammount of missiles. Tons of it... but in the end it was just few seconds when I've introduced him to Meson Beams and Cutting Beams.

308.jpg

Enough with the diplomacy for a while. If they want to be crushed, then be it so.

321.jpg

326.jpg

328.jpg

330.jpg

All that research for this thing.

332.jpg

Now it will hurt if I ever produce one. Well I will, just need to gather all the fancy stuff.

And another part of salvage.

327.jpg

329.jpg

333.jpg

Just one more try for the politics.

331.jpg

Still they don't want to quit. Shame....

Ok... so definitely weapons upgrade this time.

334.jpg

335.jpg

The SWS Systems are part of the expansion I think. Don't remember them from before it.

Also during the surveys in the Morrigi worlds I've found this Grand Menace.

336.jpg

The encounter was very brutal. I've lost almost entire fleet and managed only to destroy one of those so called herald moons.

338.jpg

Definitely need bigger guns.

And during some small encounters where after cleaning house the roaches moved in again. Rob is not in the design plans anymore so I can only guess that this model rotates faster.

339.jpg

And for the last in this updates:

The poor Hivers thought I will be afraid of those 2 Dreadnoughts. Well this didn't last long

https://youtu.be/NOxEcvXfX5s

And the encounter with the Locusts. The real battleships were destroyed pretty fast but the less combat able survived till the end.

https://youtu.be/mX0YG7W_xd4

I'll be back for revenge.

Today will be small update, because turn times are quite long now. I have so much to keep track of, that after work there is not much time to have plenty of fun.

In theory I've cleansed all alien scums in near vicinity, but like roaches they come back trying to regain systems. I'm applying few more colonization Fleets - that should be 6 or 8 of them currently taking new territory. The majority of today's session was pretty quiet, except when I were finishing the AI decided to show some signs of life. In time to time I've sent them generous offer of surrender but still they decline.

So how was the progress today ?

First with the last bits of salvage. There is nothing more to get for now.

340.jpg

The best armour is finally ours and soon my ships will be very very tough. Good thing only those Quark Resonators where stopping point.

341.jpg

After that I've jumped to psionics again, since there are few techs I would like for the most advanced techs.

342.jpg

Our research is mostly done in 1-2 turns so I guess the boost is not that great but still since we can...

The next destination was Scientific Prolepsis but that didn't go well as planned.

343.jpg

344.jpg

Another step in advancement is to increase the industry output since soon there will be huge order to complete.

345.jpg

346.jpg

347.jpg

349.jpg

350.jpg

Unfortunately this was the leading point towards grav beam, a more powerful version of meson beam. I don't think that Morrigi have it sadly. They are the most able to get it I think.

And in the meantime another salvage.

348.jpg

351.jpg

Never used COL's to be honest.

After reaching our max capacity in industrial tree, it's time for the final part of the upgrade - weapons.

352.jpg

353.jpg

Pretty bad start...

Well since I will be using BattleRaiders...

354.jpg

355.jpg

And for the final word. During my expansions I've finally reached Liir Homeworld. The stupid fish didn't even wanted to protect their capital.

https://youtu.be/UwnZ4zp0Bj4

Still after such a blow they resist to surrender.

Another update. This one with a little more of progress instead of just research though mostly it's only research what's piling up really fast. 1-2 turns per project - I wish I could do more projects per turn.

Ok so I gave a diplomacy another chance to improve but failed before even taking first step.

356.jpg

So be it then.

357.jpg

358.jpg

359.jpg

360.jpg

361.jpg

I've stopped the guns for a while thinking that I will invade another Liir planets so I'll get a nice salvage and won't have to worry about feasibility.

362.jpg

363.jpg

364.jpg

During that time I've encountered something fascinating, yet felt very disappointed.

https://youtu.be/ogI-s7UDjWE

Yep that was a Suul'ka - The Eldest in fact.... I hoped he will smash my ships, but all that tentacle waving was like looking for some Japanese schoolgirl.... His corpse was more interesting than his fight.

Ok carrying on with the boring stuff...

365.jpg

But suddenly a miracle.

366.jpg

About god damn time you've decided to do this. But as good as it sounds well I won't receive all the research I was behind. Well at least I am closer to finishing this.

And this is how many worlds he had. Pretty not much which I don't get it why.

367.jpg

Allright before I will construct the Leviathans I will need few more side techs for additional things.

368.jpg

369.jpg

Unfortunately this blocked me to the path of having no to build a prototype.

Well it's back to the guns.

370.jpg

373.jpg

Encouraged by the description, after discovering I found that this was a trap.

371.jpg

It might give boost to speed, but it also takes away few gun ports. And I am believer the more guns you have the more deadly you are.

Also the scouting of the left overs on the right side, the scanners picked a sign of the Von Neumann Homewrold.

372.jpg

But there is no node jump visible for me and probably there isn't one, so it will be a long haul to get there. And I do intend to fight both VN Homeworld and Locusts before the end of this game.

And a few turns later after the Liir, Hivers also decided to call it quits.

374.jpg

Again so little systems....

375.jpg

Oh well just few more techs and I will have the ultimate fighting force.

376.jpg

377.jpg

378.jpg

379.jpg

380.jpg

381.jpg

And that was the last tech needed to begin project Doomsday.

382.jpg

383.jpg

384.jpg

385.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

388.jpg

389.jpg

And the pinnacle of the fleet.

390.jpg

391.jpg

392.jpg

So in few turns I should have few of those. I have 300 millions of credits in the stash while constructing one of those is just merely 8 millions.

With the fleet being prepared in the shipyards. I can enhance some of my guns furthermore.

393.jpg

394.jpg

Soon the universe will be mine.

And here is small battle plan.

395.jpg

It's almost close to the end, the Tarkas and Zuul are constantly refusing to give up. They know they can't win but still... sigh....

Ok before some Leviathan action I've took my time to check what the new tree of cybernetics fully give. Here are some few of the decent one, and there wasn't a lot of tech here.

396.jpg

397.jpg

398.jpg

399.jpg

I've also by some strange twisted luck got Xombie plague. And I am surprised myself that I've got it since I rolled 19% feasibility. And normally that score is always a failure.

400.jpg

Though I don't know why use bio weapons it's always better to use shuttles or bomb the place because you can colonize the planets in next turn.

And so the encounters and leviathans. This was my test build to see how it would do. 3 Leviathans with battleriders.

https://youtu.be/EFpvQZrd60Q

https://youtu.be/uLVIzPqw-WM

The von neumann encounter was pretty chaotic and I've lost one leviathan because it was captured by I don't know what and I remember from the forums that this shouldn't be possible. Maybe you can correct me SV since you are stalking those sections.

Anyway during the Locusts there was an asteroid monitor too, which I also showed how "properly" you disable it.

401.jpg

And a result vs Van Neumann.

402.jpg

To be honest I hoped for something grander like it was in prime.

Alright this is it. The grand finale. After plenty of turns preparations for my fleets to be able to invade both Zuul and Tarka planets I begun with the invasion on the Zuul systems.

https://youtu.be/QCNWT5_zhYk

Right after this battle the Zuul decided to call it quits.

403.jpg

And strangely they had plenty of cash.

404.jpg

Their forces were puny.

Next stop was the "alliance" with the Morrigi.

405.jpg

406.jpg

Then it was only Takas, who are stubborn like mules.

In the meantime I managed to find yet another independents. The "pedo" bears.

407.jpg

408.jpg

Which agreed to be incorporated into our empire without any problems.

409.jpg

After dozen more turns I was finally able to launch major offensive on the Tarkas.

https://youtu.be/-AsJmKvHuhI

410.jpg

Even after destruction of their Homeworld they were so stubborn, so a complete genocide had to be done.

412.jpg

So that concludes with this episode of Lords of Winter.

I'll probably return to you playing as Hivers since in last 2 games they were the most crippled of them all. I'll probably reduce the number of AIs too and give them other starting advantages since like I saw they're expansion limits only to few systems. Well except Tarka which dominated with land grab this time.

Probably if you give him max support meaning Hard, starting world 9, starting tech 10 1million of creds then maybe...

Well the beginnings are always advantageous for AI, but this game has 100% or more complexity than prime.

We will see in my next game. I'm ramping up the difficulty.