A discovery of "left out" facilities

Stun Grenade

Hello all,

I'm new here but defineately not new to X-Com. I know there were many features left out for the final release, but just recently I found a trainer which brought some new base facilities into the game. I was just wandering if these could be used properly and what their use is?

Thanks,

Stun Grenade

It will be so good since there was sopposed to be bad/good civilians I think (jails/cells) and even V.I.P's..

but if we were to finish it, we would need the source code! Mabe we can round-up the lost MicroProse guys and tell them to give us a hand!

any ideas guys?

Stun Grenade

I doubt the removed facilities will provide any functions, at least in the game's current state. Grab the sourcecode, and we're on our way. Alas, that's not possible (yet - here's my fingers crossed!)

You could try them, anyway.

Eventually you're going to get to the unused items.

Most of them don't work (or just disappear). Those that do have odd side effects (like permanent psi-strength boosts), or just don't work up to par with the existing equipment. One of my favourite's is the dimension destabiliser, the X-Com version of the disrupter guns. It does no direct damage, but it can obliterate four to five personal disrupter shields in only a few direct hits. (makes a great replacement for the overly powerful toxigun)

- NKF