Thorondor

Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders

Another star upon us shines. Just like when we look up at night and seem to discover something that didn't seem to be there before, so do we find another gleam in the rich Sword of the Stars firmament. Still, stand not just there, mouth agape, because soon Ground Pounders will be upon us!

Here's word from Kerberos Productions' CEO, Mr.Martin Cirulis:

SotS:GP is an old-school, beer and pretzel wargame in the tradition of the classic Panzer General. It will play quick and introduce you to battalion-level ground combat in the SotS universe and is intended for various platforms. It's planned it will be fully multiplayer-capable across platforms. This game will be presented on Kickstarter and an alpha level demo will be released soon.

Some of the ground-breaking features:

• Control one of 3 armies - Human, Tarka and Hivers

• 80+ units covering land, sea and air

• Battle across alien worlds on exotic battlefields, including airless moons, lava plains and meteor-blasted wastelands

• Seize orbital superiority and call down bombardments on your foes

• Build airfields, fortify areas and repair or destroy bridges

• Improve your unit's experience and abilities over 3 campaigns

• Unlock and collect combat cards for each race

• Build unique decks and even tune them for specific battles

• Dozens of scenarios to play in skirmish mode or cross-platform multiplayer

Though no specific release date has been provided, it seems fairly evident this sci-fi wargame is set to leave its mark on the landscape of the genre shortly. The first screenshots have already surfaced alongside the game's reveal at the Kerberos forums here.

Our special thanks to resident agent Space Voyager for shedding further light on this inbound title.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think SotS2 launch could be responsible for this. But GP will probably be released nevertheless, just not through KS. The game must be nearly done.

A shame really. I'd be much happier if this KS would succeed and there would be more games coming. As it is, Kerberos may decide to go for more mainstream projects.

I have a strange feeling Kerberos will pull a rabbit out of the hat. And fund their own campaign, the missing part that is... Thinking of it, this would be beneficial to all parties involved. Kerberos at least gets the already pledged money for a game that is already made and they only lose the KS percentage of the part they filled in. Fans who funded get their game cheaply. KS gets its cut. And Kerberos can brag about a "successful" campaign from now on (thus really making an entrance into Kickstarter), very much like with The Pit.

What is there to lose? I'd do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Kerberos Productions wish all a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Read their latest (tenth) IndieGoGo update for more info.

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Za%20net/HTKerberos_zpsa9eb3657.jpg

Obviously the Tarka celebrate it, too, though I'm not sure about the Changed males. What are those? Dig into SotS lore to find out. Or, alternatively, follow this link...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

https://protoncharging.com/castewar/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/featured_logo2.png

New DLC announced:

Ground Pounders: Tarkan Campaign adds a third army faction to the tactical, multi-platform, strategy wargame. Besides the new army and vehicles, the DLC adds new battle cards and SotSdex entries.

"Ever since the Tark appeared as opponents in the original release of Ground Pounders, fans have been asking for a full campaign where they take control of this unique warrior race." Said CEO and Design Lead, Martin Cirulis. "This Tarkan expansion is the first step in representing all the races of the SotSverse on planetary battlefields."

::

To be made available today on Steam and later through other outlets.