Pocket PC Update

Bomb Bloke

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've downloaded version 1.25 from the site and have been playing about with it. Looks and plays the same as the original! Only got about 2 missions in the first month but still for a PPC game its fantastic!

Anyone know if there are any editors hacks etc??

• 9 months later...

Looks like Pocket UFO is up to version 1.26 now! Haven't had any time to download and play it yet, but it seems like only minor improvements. Differences:

1. Heavy laser power decrased from 130 to 110.
  2. Bug with grenades is fixed.
  3. Bug with elerium and HWP clips dissapearence is fixed.
  4. After tapping on soldier's name you can change it (this was possible since 1.25).

You can download the latest version here.

- Zombie

• 4 months later...
Beta release 1.08 of the Pocket PC version of UFO was released on the 5th of this month.

You can get it from the home site, which you might want to translate with either Worldlingo or Babelfish (the original page is in Russian).

Don't own a pocket PC? Neither do I, actually. :) However, beta version 1.00 is still up for grabs, and that runs in a customised emulator that your desktop machine can handle.

Now THAT I didn't know! :) I thought UFO: EU was for PC, not PPC! Is it still possible for me to get my hands on a copy for WM5 PPC (Phone Edition)? I have an older (really old) WM5 rx1950 (I think) and a newer Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 (CE 5.1) with Phone Edition. It's an HP Ipaq hw6955 Mobile Messenger series Pocket PC with 240x240 screen resoloution.

You also mentioned an emulator of some kind. I understand it can be used to play PUFO on a PC instead :D . How can I get a copy? This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for as I've been having "difficulties" with the game on my PPC because everytime I try to save, the game crashes :(:):) ! I tried hex editing it and think I messed something up :) .

BTW. No one would happen to have or know the addresses for the items, stats and things like that would you?