What is the thing that annoys you most about this

VegasSte

• 2 weeks later...
hmm...i have'nt beat apoc just yet....i just barely got myself into the alien dimension and am already annoyed by many different things...i've got my first retaliator made and have already lost it to a battleship on it's first flight...I EVEN HAD A SHIELD ON IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!...anywho....but the biggest thing that anoys me now is the fact that some of my guys will begin to bleed and get stunned at the same time...so there is nothing u can do about their wounds,and they will keep losing blood and never wake up because the stun gauge goes as fast as the blood gauge...so the only thing u can do is hurry your ass up and take out all the aliens....i ended up losing my best stunman because of ONE stupid skeletoid who i found HIDING ON TOP OF THE ROOF of the UFO....so what annoys me the most is that u can only use med-kits to heal yourself....but in like UFO and TFTD u could heal others (though u could'nt heal yourself...i like the old way better)

well...i've reloaded a few times on apoc....but the stunman i lost was able to capture a micronoid aggregate....i had one HELL of a time getting my hands on one....but then he was shot and droped unconcious and critically wounded....though the stunman was using a stungrapple,when i first open the doors of a UFO i usually toss a stun grenade in there to avoid the poppers (who are usually the first contact when the level starts)

but the guy who threw the grenade tossed it way off target and my stunman got caught in the gas....so he had a severe amount of stun on his blood meter...still...i knew there were aggregates around,so i needed him to stun one....i only play in turn mode now because of the fact that the aliens have become grenade whores andi like to avoid them by killing them before they throw it....the bastards have formed a new weapon though...their own corpses are now a weapon...they run up into my groups and expect me to shoot them...and u probably know what happens from there....it's like they are carrying the dead man's switch...he arms a vortex mine to detonate on impact,then puts it back into his pocket...u drop him and he goes BOOM!!!...then i lose like three guys because when one guy dies from the blast,his explosives ALSO happen to go off...and then starts a chain reaction with whoever dies in the blasts...stupid AI!!!!!...STOP BEING SO SMART!!!

• 14 years later...
It's as if they have no sense of self preservation.

This is canon. When you attack a UFO there's a line about "There is only one chance to succeed in this mission because failure will mean that the surviving Aliens will attempt to destroy their craft. They would rather die than allow us to recover their advanced technology." (By implication, this is why UFO crash sites go away after a few minutes.) Also, Poppers.

The aliens in Apocalypse really are willing to commit suicide just to spite you. tongue.png