It's XCOM! :D *mild spoilers*

Hobbes

Been lurking for a while. Lost my password and it was linked to an old email account.

Anyway.

I completed the game on Sunday (normal). I really liked it, but the fact it was designed with an X-box controler in mind and not a mouse made a lot of things irritating.

NEver built or even spent research credit on a weapons platform. My experience of them in previous games has always been they are rubbish.

Except in the original, but then you had plenty of space in your ship to field them.

I found leveling up people was very slow. When it got hard, getting a rookie a kill was very tricky so they never leveled up. I never used more than my original few and anyone I won with a high rank.

I tried to level up rookies, but they were a liability and often died.

The score system is unforgiving, you can't lose missions. Or get easy missions later that you can send you second line squad in to level up.

But I really enjoyed it. It felt like you were always moving forward which was good. The movement and cover is ACE, the people look so cool when they hunker down behind things. The mission variety is really good.

I used a pistol to effect ONCE when I wanted to capture someone. Otherwise they were entirely pointless.

Mind controling the last alien doesn't finish the mission, and you can't shoot it!!! that is annoying!!!.

And I wish there were more grenades or slots for the cool stuff you make. I make loads of bits and pieces. They all sat on shelves because Chiting armous, medkits and a Scope were the only thing that madfe the cut.

Finally a hint: If you mind control an alien (e.g. muton) and it gets killed then its weapon gets recovered!

I just managed to MC one on normal to get the achievement, think had a skill of about 97 WITH the armour and the chance of success was about 18%. Got lucky and nailed it first time! I've finished achievement hunting on my main playthrough now though as the last one to get is the 'Edison' achievement which requires a floater interrogation and they don't turn up any more at the end of the game :(