1,000,000 Posts

Zombie

I just got back from vacation on Saturday - went to visit my brother, uncle & second cousin in Tennessee. I didn't get many pictures unfortunately, the camera was always out of reach or too far away (meaning: I forgot to bring it on an outing). I did manage to snap a picture of PERFECT holly bushes outside our hotel in Clarksville TN.

2019-05-31 071901.jpg

I just couldn't believe how perfect they looked: green, lush, glossy, and no imperfections whatsoever. And this wasn't the only clump of holly bushes, the entire hotel was encircled by them and there were other businesses nearby with the same perfect holly bushes. Must be the correct growing conditions for them. pardon.gif I see holly at work every December for Christmas and it never looks this good. hmm.gif

While visiting my brother we stopped at an international store selling food items from around the world. I decided to splurge a little bit and picked up a couple different items to try.

2019-06-09 193527.jpg 2019-06-09 193626.jpg

First one was some sesame snack sticks from Greece. Not bad, they were sweet which was nice but I think they are a little on the stale side (probably a low turnover rate at the store and there isn't a date code on the package to see how old they are either). Still edible though - I was hoping they would taste more like toasted sesame seeds. read.gif

The second package was walnuts dipped in flour thickened molasses from Georgia (the country, not the state in the US). angel.gif Very good, but I can't eat any more than a couple bites as it's quite filling. It was also fairly expensive ($4.50) so that will not be on my plate anytime soon. Maybe next time we go to that store I'll pick up some other interesting food items to share with you all. :)

- Zombie

I did manage to snap a picture of PERFECT holly bushes outside our hotel in Clarksville TN.

Professional disability to just go by, huh?! :D

IMO, screw international candy bars. So much more to cuisine... ;) But yeah, sometimes you just need to get something into the system FAST.

Man, those holly bushes do look perfect, Zombie! oh.gif

I guess, beyond great conditions to develop, they also don't happen to draw any interest from local bugs and such. Either that or they got some kind of special treatment.

But fortunately you've quickly managed to overcome the sourness from seeing virtually unattainable botanical beauty outside your domains with the sweetness of Georgia no less. wink.png

I'll tell you what, if doing experimentation with foreign foods, I'd be going with sweets as well as I've got a bit of a sweet tooth myself. tongue.png

No doubt something Mr. SV there can appreciate as well, given his country's much vaunted honey production. smile.png