#41 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Thor's version is just heavily armed and flying version. :D

P.S.: PE is the only GM that comes back. Whenever.

#42 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

Yep, Peacekeeper will be back. Here's another update. Things are getting interesting.

Yeah, only 3 DE. Posted Image
Posted Image
But we have DNs and Cutting beams. Posted Image
Posted Image
Remember that Morrigi colony that destroyed VN a couple of turns ago? I sent a colonizer to that colony (you can see it leaving the colony with STL engines, it's just 1 turn away from colony) in hope Berserker would destroy it. And since we have a gate at the colony and we all know auto-resolve is crap at calculating battles, we're going to watch it (all 10 minutes). Posted Image
Posted Image
A funny thing happened. Berserker collided with an asteroid and pushed it towards the planet. I expected that it would hit it and cause massive damage, but as you can see nothing happened.
Posted ImagePosted Image
This report deserves to be seen in all its glory! I did reload a couple of times after this battle and used auto resolve to see how different this battle would be. Morrigi lost 2-4 CR and Berserker was destroyed.
Posted Image
Finally this research tree is over. Now we'll go for Impactors. We'll need them to counter Zuul Node Cannon (and they look awesome when they hit enemy ship).
Posted Image
Now we can finally increase population without overharvest.
Posted Image
4 CR are not a problem.
Posted Image
We grab the former Morrigi planet. Courtesy of VN Berserker. And we're researching towards Impactors.
Posted Image
Purple Zuul is trying to intercept our scouts. I stopped our scouts when they were 2 light years from Zuul colonies to have a good view of their defenses.
Posted Image
Impactors are within our reach. And we're no longer last in income. Posted Image
Posted Image
We cleared Alien derelict and killed a Queen. What is important is that we have green Zuul fleet of 8 DN coming to world where we have a gate. Since it's only a gate, I'm not going to fight that fleet. In the background you can see yellow Zuul fleet of 15 ships coming to our colony.
Posted Image
Behold Zuul DNs.
Posted Image
Gate is destroyed, but I saved the scout so I can leave it near the planet. Note Lancers and X-Ray lasers.
Posted Image

#43 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Veki, the CH difference between you and Liir is far too high for Xenopopulation. Seriously, it would take AGES to populate the rest of the civilians. In your place I'd go for Tarka OR, perhaps even better in your position as no race is VERY close, I'd terraform your already fully (to the non-overpopulation half limit) populated worlds to fit Liir CH - IF it won't eat into your own numbers - and let Liir multiply in an environment they are most adapted to. You can terraform the worlds back to your own ideal CH later if you want, though it would have no effect on the game after the worlds are full.

#44 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Yes, I can do that. Also I'm hoping to get Environmental tailoring so I can research Accommodate Liir.

#45 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Yellow Zuul fleet is dealt with.
Posted Image
Impactors are ours! We now have heavy hitter weapons, but we lack armor. Since our enemies have decent weapons, our ships look like they are made of paper. And since we're fighting Zuul, we need info about their node lines.
Posted Image
A brave move by Liir. That Zuul planet is heavily defended (they have 8 or more DNs there).
Posted Image
Another cleanup battle. I'll stop posting big reports about these small and insignificant battles.
Posted Image
Soon we'll be able to predict Zuul movement and that will help us tremendously.
Posted Image
A hard battle, but Impactors saved the day! And we have our first salvaged tech! Posted Image
Posted Image
We researched better engines and superior armor.
Posted Image
I have not met humans yet nor I've seen any of their ships nor I have their Xenotech for research, but they were asking for Ceasefire for 2-3 turns in a row. Probably some bug.
Posted Image
1st Zuul colony destroyed by us. And another salvaged tech. :woot:
Posted Image
I hope we'll salvage Adamantite Alloys. And we can research X-Ray laser. I hope research tree it doesn't stop on them.
Posted Image
I'm impressed with Impactors. They are somewhat of a cheat considering their range and knockback. 3rd salvaged tech. :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Lots of research is completed. I was hoping Assault command section for CR would have 2 heavy beams, but it just has 1 torpedo. That sucks. :down:  
Posted Image
2nd Zuul colony has fallen. :killcrazed:
Posted Image
You may wonder why I'm going for Drone research tree. :alien:
Posted Image
Colony saved. 0  casualties. New salvaged tech. :cool:
Posted Image

#46 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostVeki, on 10 September 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

You may wonder why I'm going for Drone research tree. Posted Image

I am. :D Do tell!

Have fun with impactors! BTW, if you recall the 1.7.2 version was even more powerful, so they nerfed them slightly in 1.8.0.

#47 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Well as Hiver your chance for Adamntine Alloys is the best, second is Tarka then Humans I believe. Also you might want to check Thumpers. They are very strong despite the low diagram values. Quite accurate, quite fast firing and quite deadly. Any DN ship will just fly backwards and will not be able to shoot back at you - except Liir probably because they have to cheat on everything.

Also I am glad they changed the sections in SotS2 - for example the War section in Sots1 is quite useless as far as I can see. Why on earth you want HCL to fire broadside instead of forward :/
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Space Voyager said:

I am. Posted Image Do tell!
Hint : take a look where does that tech tree lead. Posted Image

Space Voyager said:

BTW, if you recall the 1.7.2 version was even more powerful, so they nerfed them slightly in 1.8.0.
I don't recall as I wasn't playing the game at that time. Posted Image

Tarka and Humans have 40% for Adamantite Alloys. Hope one of them has it.
Thumpers look nice and they will supplement Impactors nicely.
True, War section is a joke. Posted Image

#49 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postsilencer_pl, on 10 September 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Any DN ship will just fly backwards and will not be able to shoot back at you - except Liir probably because they have to cheat on everything.

:D These fish have really gotten under your skin! ;)

View Postsilencer_pl, on 10 September 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Also I am glad they changed the sections in SotS2 - for example the War section in Sots1 is quite useless as far as I can see. Why on earth you want HCL to fire broadside instead of forward :/

I've experimented a bit with broadsides and there is just no way to match the firepower of forward facing sections. No way. So yes, it is useless.

View PostVeki, on 10 September 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

Hint : take a look where does that tech tree lead. ;)

Oh yeah, there is another link through drones! Funny, I seem to always get it through Expert Systems...

#50 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

I don't have Expert Systems nor Holographic Tactics and I didn't get it through Combat Algorithms.
So that way is the only way I can get it (70% looks big, but Expert System is 75% and I didn't get that)

#51 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

You didn't get Expert Systems because you are no Systems Expert ;)

#52 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

:P

I have a question. Does Accommodate Liir negates HR when determining Liir civilian growth rate? I know it negates HR when calculating maximum number of civilian population for a planet. But does it negate HR when calculating civilian population growth rate?

#53 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

No tech will help you make their population grow faster. This is completely CH dependant as far as I know. So even if you have all the techs for a species but the colony is terraformed to a CH far different from theirs, forget about xenopopulation.

#54 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

You should eradicate the fish - they are nothing but trouble.

#55 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

NOTE : I'm upgrading my PC and I don't know if I'll have Friday update on time.
I have to reinstall OS and all programs. I assume SOTS saved games  can be easily transferred to new OS/game installation?

@SV
Thanks for clearing that up.

We'll see about that, Silencer. Posted Image

We are researching 4 salvaged tech. I did check what they could be : 1 is Torpedo weapons (Disruptor), 1 is Biological (Environmental Tailoring) and 2 are Industrial (I hope Reflective Coating and probably Boarding Pods).
Posted Image
4 scouting reports and 1 colony assault. Note Bronson Alpha and its defenses.
Posted Image
NAP with Tarka - good for now. Posted Image
Posted Image
Our first salvage tech is Disruptors. Posted Image
Posted Image
Another Zuul colony bites the dust. And we rigorously defend our colony.
Posted Image
We research more weapons.
Posted Image
That Zuul colony with heavy defenses is no more. Combined Liir-Morrigi assault obliterated it.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Now this is interesting. I position scout ships 2 turns from enemy colony so I can see colony defenses and incoming ships. But this Zuul ship jumped that distance in 1 turn and it was faster in tactical combat than my scout.
Posted Image
Purple Zuul homeworld. This planet has become our number 1 target.
Posted Image
A hard battle.
Posted Image
We have Heavy fusion cannon available for research, but first I'm going for some other tech I hope I'll get.
Posted Image
First colonies that are full with Liir are being terraformed back to our HR.
Posted Image
We have 2 very nice defensive techs. And we get 2 very, very good tech from salvaged projects.
Posted Image
We are invited to join Morrigi-Liir alliance (1st and 2nd in global ranking). Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

Have you accepted? This could make the game considerably safer - and shorter...

#57 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Oh come on... you have meson shields.... If you will have meson projector too I am throwing rock on your new OS :P

#58 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Space Voyager said:

Have you accepted?
Find out in the next episode of "Exiled hive" (whenever that may be Posted Image )!

Nah, I don't have projectors (not even plasma Posted Image ).

#59 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

We join Morrigi-Liir alliance. Almost all galaxy is revealed.
Posted Image
Political view. Our alliance spawns 4 sectors.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Trying to get Thumpers, but no dice. So we got another heavy turret weapon that will help us.
Posted Image
Now that we have all the tech for ships I wanted, here are the designs that will be workforce of the fleet.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Morrigi want out due to loading a game. Stupid bug! Fine by me. They are now alone.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Finally 2 techs that will make my Liir population managing easier. Posted Image
Posted Image
To bad Morrigi left our alliance.
Posted Image

Bonus image :
Spoiler

#60 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Heavy firepower incoming! Nice fortresses. Can't wait to see these ships in action. And Morrigi causing trouble here as well?! There must be something to their dreams of ruling the galaxy after all.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AAR, SotS, Hiver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users