This Space ain't big enough...

Pinky cluster has only 3 more planets to be wiped out. Everything goes according to the plan (almost). Morrigi cluster has also few more planets to go - there resistance is very low. So soon I will be advancing into hivers cluster, pinks last cluster and morrigi last cluster - after that only Tarka will remain to eradicate and if he will be last I don't predict any huge resistance. With 8 or 10 fleets he will fall instantly.

Meson beams are finally in our hands - it's weird that no one gave me wild weasel tech - 8 players and no one got it? This tech is the only thing I am missing for Electronic Warfare for my CnC dreads - right now I must deploy deep scan in cruiser ship to see further both in battle and map.

Not if it is jammer, and that is the exclusive reason I use it. Well, at least after the age of planetary shuttles. I've had some bad experiences with deep scan cruisers used in battles - against cloaked fleets. DS section is just paper-thin, and after I was blind... :(

Naturally, DS/jammer DE has to be kept out of visual range of enemy ships if possible.

But you are right, an EW dread would sort all this out, except the lowered firepower. Not a huge loss for a lot less micromanagement. HMMMM!

You normally hold your CnC ship a little back so it shouldn't see that action and EW section has enough guns to defend itself. Plus if you are invading system that is not Hiver but has gate and you are fighting hivers you will have to send that DS ship to scout that gate ship. Or in other case hunt those stations.

Today progress... I've cleared out whole pinky cluster and morrigi cluster thus +2 more sectors under my empire.

The invasion of Homeworld of Pink Liir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0zkobcrG4c

Also The Drowned are offering me something I should have like 200 turns ago.

s123.jpg

We now prepare to assault on last Morrigi cluster, last Pink cluster and Hiver cluster. Victory is so close I can smell it.

s124.jpg

You owned the pinky! And yes, this game has been won long ago, still it is nice to see it brought to the end.

I'm seriously thinking to not use even per-ship targeting in SotS - if I continue to play it... Really, it is painful to see how much better a player can manage the battle in general.

But no, let's have per-poly targeting, turret sniping and so forth. Meh. Oh, and let's have a four way shield matrix and ship rolling! MEH.

All right time to end this pitiful resistance - Empire must always win.

By the way - remember about that rouge AI ? It was actually Zuul but I guess they got AI slaves since only few pitiful fleets remained without planets - or maybe when they surrender to Morrigi.

s125.jpg

Anyway - at turn 453 after few reloads due to out of memory incident - Morrigi surrendered to Tarka - why them ? Maybe they were 3rd in total ranking but I was jut rolf stomping their planets without a mercy.

s126.jpg

Given that I once again tried this on other AI - this time they realised that there is no force that could stop me.

s127.jpg

s128.jpg

Of course tarkas still refused.... but not for long.

s129.jpg

Given that me and White Liir where the last... which means...

s130.jpg

Of course you can tell your own tail what could happen next to them - since he was more often to break the alliance and me controlling almost whole universe...

So yeah. This AAR is over. Hoped you enjoyed it. SV showed how to win the pansy way through diplomacy - I've finished through military power, so Veki how do you try to end yours :P (there is only one option :P )

SV showed how to win the pansy way through diplomacy - I've finished through military power, so Veki how do you try to end yours :P (there is only one option :P )

I'm afraid our Queen is not familiar with the concept of "surrender". And you know our battle cry : "No remorse, no regret, no mercy". :killcrazed:

Nice AAR, but I didn't except you'd finish it so fast.