Hello from an 30yr guy riding the nostalgia wave
I'm experiencing a crash but I'll get to that little later.
Firstly i would like to express my overwhelming gratitude for the guys responsible for UFO/TFDT extenders which make the game playable for me again. Amazing stuff u did. I'm sure i speak on behalf of many more
It's been few months since i finished UFO again but first time with the help of extender. I couldn't play TFTD with same acceptable comfort (mouse goes off screen, it's too fast, game is too fast, etc) so the last time i finished it is still from DOS times
. So after finishing UFO, to continue the series in order, out of pure wishful thinking i googled the TFTD extender hoping that by some unbelievable chance i could just carry on playing even tho, realistically there were zero chance. You can imagine my surprise after google sent me to Kyrub's TFDT extender which he posted just a few days earlier. Wtf were the odds of that lol.
Anyway, there were some problems with it which showed its presence shortly after start making it unplayable. So i bookmarked it and waited patiently for a solution
Now i believe is the right time to post cause the most bugs seem to have been fixed and i could actually help rather then dragging you by posting some obscure errors which were probably already known to previous programmers and worked on
Now i can only help with describing the problem accurately and the conditions under which it occurred. That is because i know nothing about programing
The crash occurs when i intercept a landed alien sub, after i click YES, then OK. Just before entering soldier equipment screen for the tactical mission i believe. It happens on the first day game time so not much happening. I'm hoping it will help locating the problem more
I have attached the savegame folder, the screenshot of the error and my 'TFTDExtender.ini' file (in the rar). I'm using vanilla TFTD Gold + your extender from the first post with minimal changes to the original game, on WinXP 32bit. I think that's all. Hope it's just the wrong ini line