Losing Your Religion?

Thorondor

post-a5846-civ5-gods-n-kings-expnsn-bnr.jpg

Fear not then, for more turn-based strategy goodness is heading our way with a massive new expansion for Civilization V called Gods & Kings. Here's word from Firaxis Games' own resident TB deity, Mr.Sid Meier himself:

Our team has a strong vision for bringing religion and espionage to Civilization V and the incomparable Civ community has expressed their enthusiasm for these features as well (...) We're excited to deliver this robust expansion pack that will give players countless hours of new gameplay experiences and more reasons to take just one more turn.

Beyond the return of religion and espionage there are many novelties such as nine new civilizations with corresponding leaders and wonders, new city-state types, novel systems for land and naval combat, new units, buildings, technologies, resources, fresh gameplay scenarios and more.

The full announcement can be perused here. There shall be solace for the faithful by late Spring, when the expansion is set make its appearance.

civ5_gods_n_kings_expnsn_bnr.jpg

I will never live to day where Poland will take honourable place in Civilization series (except that mod in Civ 3). They introduce nations that didn't have such big influence in history yet the forget about the ones that had great influence in history.

It's a pity that only Creative Assembly will continue it's good work on Medieval Total War.

I'm certainly looking forward to it. After years I spent with Civ4 Rise of Mankind the vanilla version of Civ5 felt pathetically simple, reduced to just a few remaining mechanics. The battle model was the only improvement, a great one, but still a bit too little compared to its predecessor. Maybe after this addon modders will start working on something big again. I would love to see RoM for Civ5 in the future :clapping: