Protection from psychic attack

talon

I'm currently attacking my second alien base which I discovered but the mind control is kicking my ass

All of my squad has ‘very good’ psy skill but get controlled in one shot.

I have 4 of the large mind control guns . But my sniper guys who are usually controlled are faster and shoot someone before I can get him back. I usually cant kill the mind control alien before at least someone gets shot

Another problem is the mind controlled members vanishes from sight , even though I should be able to see him. Which gives them extra time to bring the pain.

I have the psicover armour which gives 100% protection from exception and paralyse would that help

I am considering having everyone carry a short range weapon , dropping the short range weapon at the start of the mission. Then relying upon the 4 guys with mind control guns and having the other 3 with medic kits to support them .

The part 1 surface section is a horrible place to fight. The 2nd part inner section is fine because I kill the aliens with short range death weapons before they can control me

Another question If take control an alien with who has the mind control gun, can I use him to take over another alien, that would be wierd

last point is there anything special you can do to detect alien bases

1. The psi is brutal at late game.

2. Wearing psi-helmets reduces the time you are under mind controll ( this is what I believe someone somewhere stated probalby UFO AM original forum.

If I really have to do such stupid missions. I equip 5 of my team with mind controll and 1 with some fast weapon. If you have very high psi skill you can controll almost any alien from start point. The one in bio armor will resist faster but it gives you enough time to un equip them and make them to come closer to you. Just repeat it.

Also with your own mind controll you can force aliens to kill themselvs.

Remember if aliens gain controll on your soldier - just fast pause it before he vanishes and have your own 'mind control' him. They will cancel the alien link. That is why I mostly hate this game at this part and do things what I have written below.

3. The only way of 'detecting' bases is doing mission in the region, as soon you will have enough territory ownage for next sector you will be informed that in order to controll this region we must secure the alien base. It is all done in similar manner as you capture neutral bases.

What is strange that you don't need to capture alien base. Saves you the trouble. You can use this 'exploit' or it is intedet. For example if there is another mission in this sector just do it end the 'other' force will automatically win the battle over alien base.

Just an example you have a sector where base is but your pilot is stranded there. Go for pilot mission (much easier) and you also capture alien base with all the super weapons (read weapons cache).

Same thing can be done with downed ufos.

• 6 years later...

Geh~ Paris base is attacked so I get my squad to help defend. The psi attacks floor me.

I finally got a workable tactic by camping at the end of a long-ish corridor. When the greys poke their heads out at the other end, or at the middle fork, my sniper engage them and the grenadiers just shoot grenades at the neighborhood. Cost about 14 rounds of RPG7, a bunch of grenade bullets, and I got 9 good and dead greys on the ground. The last one is hiding in a warehouse corner and quite troublesome to flush out, absolutely deadly with his psi attacks.