I need some TFTD advice

crispy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demi, it's ok, I do it myself. *sighs heavily* you should see the mess I put myself into. Check out the off topics, especially which country you are from. It's locked, but you should be able to read it. Anyway, I think I stuck my foot in my mouth again. Boy it's a good thing I like shoe leather. :) Anyway, I need to get this back on topic.

Which mopvie was it that they out that rat in that biotic fluid, so that they could breathe underwater? Was it The Abyss? I can't remember. Anyway, if you fill a body with a liquid, the sonic waves produced by the sonic weapns should have less effectiveness. However, I believe that the beams are not just sonic, but also have something else in them. I can't remember what, right now. Anyway, this is what all causes damage. However, on the other hand, in space, no one can hear you scream.

I thought it was. Dang, I hate it when I am right, and too tired to be sure. Anyway, I am trying to remember the effects of sonic vibrations on various objects at various depths, through densities, etc. I don't remember them all, but the important thing to remember is that the vibrations will affect different things at the same wave length, strength, etc.

I believe that the human body is less dense that water. But I can't be 100% sure, though. Because, I think, that density depends on depth. I don't know where to look up such information, but there must be somehtign somewhere that can answer this question. Or else, I am just too tired writing this post to think too clearly. :) Anyway, going to let someone else find it and answer, unless...

ahh the thermal tazer, good in the first bit of the game as a HTH weapon, and if you dont want the alien when you are finished you can dispose of it easily with a grenade. I like trying to take the larger terror units down with the tazer, its fun.

Although the vibrations wouldn't actually kill anthing the Supersonic waves would. you forget that even deaf people can hear noise they just their ears are telling them their not hearing anything so supersonic waves could go up the ear canal , in theory damaging any brain tissue. The whole point of earwax and the Ear drum (especially when you have an ear infection) is to cut down on the amount of noise getting through which could potentially deafen you. although your Ears would tell your brain its not hearing anything sound is still going in your ear :)

hope I haven't confused too many people :)

Jman, I think that was The Abyss.It's been a while.

According to the supplement guide to TFTD, the soldiers are using a liquified medium in which oxyen is supsended, and able to move through, something like in the Abyss, instead of helium, or even oxygen/helium mix. However, that's the soldiers only. The bases probably are using helium, or a mixture, to breathe in said base.

This seems to be a bit off topic, but I think it is still on the basis of said topic.

• 1 month later...
OK, with the terror site.... can you say HOT LZ? Keep your troops separated here.... sonic pulsers can do some nasty damage. Go slowly, save TUs to kneel and for a snap/auto shot. Conserve ammo, or the 2nd part is REALLY ugly...... lastly.... If it moves, shoot it!

Actually, on a terror mission, check your targets, first. Either send out a rookie, or else throw a flare there. It might help in seeing what's what, and who's who. If you shoot civilians, you get negative score. You are supposed to be saving them. Anyway, I kneel, and let my people snap shot. It helps to have modify both the weapons and the people. :) My favorite weapon, right now, is the gauss rifle. I am debating on whether or not to modify the heavy gauss and use that like I do the rifle. I could even give it an auto mode. :) Maybe this should go in another thread?