Weapon Compose Screen not working?

gunnergoz

I'm playing a Normal game using 1.7 and find that, even though I have silencers and other add-on's available, I cannot mate them to any weapons, projectile or energy. The compose screen lists the weapons OK, but lists no available add-on's like silencers, etc. Is there some training that is required to compose and use these? I have inventories of both weapons and add-ons and just can't seem to get this part of the game to work.

Oh, it works, but do you need it. Probably not. There are only the original rifle and one gun (I forget which one) that can be changed. I added the accerlerator to the gun, and the silencer to the rifle. But like I said, it is not needed anyway. It does not help the gun out that much and the scientific lasers have a longer range in the first place against robots. Best thing to do is get going on building rifles and guns and get the metal mines working so you can produce rifles.

Oh, it works, but do you need it. Probably not. There are only the original rifle and one gun (I forget which one) that can be changed. I added the accerlerator to the gun, and the silencer to the rifle. But like I said, it is not needed anyway. It does not help the gun out that much and the scientific lasers have a longer range in the first place against robots. Best thing to do is get going on building rifles and guns and get the metal mines working so you can produce rifles.

Thanks Raion for your kind reply.

I'm well into the mid-game and have been building projectile guns and lasers. The accessories neither work on the early guns or the later ones. I'm beginning to think that my game file may be corrupted since there the gun composition screen is missing the text in the boxes to the right side, where the accessories column shows up. Even if I pick the original Earth rifle from the beginning of the game, no accessories show up for it, even though I have them. But if only two guns can be altered by game design, that seems a big waste of time in game design and for players who don't know that and waste time producing these things.

Any other comments or other opinions/experiences?

Ah, I forget how it works right now without being in the game. I think you put the gun or rifle in the right box, but then I am not sure. Anyway, one of the 22 guns and the original rifle can be changed to add the silencer or the accelerator, but the most it will do is adding the accelerator to one of the 22's, not the one with the 6-shot clip but the Walter whatever 22. Anyway I use the scientific lasers at first because they have longer range and do more damage to robots unless closer and getting zapped by the robots with your squaddies. And for the beastmen I use the reticulan weapons because the humans really have nothing at the beginning except the scientific lasers, so I usually am stuck making battery packs for those and making more scientific lasers. I just get the rifles they produce as early as I can then.

Anyway if you do change the 22 or the rifle then you have to look for the weapon in like Special Items then because it will not show up in the usual place to equip a squaddie with it. I usually just use those for back-up and use the reticulan weapons being in the alliance first off, which is better than being overran by them first of all if you do not accept the alliance with the reticulans.

Then I usually leave the two given to me sit or the one scientist I send out on putting in geosondes and the other military one I usually use a couple of times and leave him sit. Once in a while I use them, if necessary. I guess some players use them just to end their lives or something like that.

heh-heh!