Help and something else.

LTNS

O.K. I've finally goten almost all the research done. I've got a Levethian craft due in 24 days. I've researched the thing about T'LETH. Where do I go from here? I also have two bases left to deal with.

Actually, I am putting a worst case scenario on. Once I had 5-7 alien bases in effect and i lost 4 countries from the funding. Lukily, i got rid of 5 bases and are down to 2. :P i don't think my fundings can stretch anymore. Anyone else have a situation like this, along with my first question?

O.K. I finally lost 6 countries from the fund and left almost all of my MC units at a base. I was so bored the i sent in a 6 man squad to T'LETH. All that was on the ship was disruptor launchers+amunition, and 1 thermic lance... I won. :):P I want to ask one more thing. I understood the ending up to one point. What was with the manhole cover, green light, and yellow hand?

Could be anything.

a. A severely deformed and very poorly rendered aquatoid hand that's lost the webs between its digits. Probably wouldn't have lasted long. The aquatoid was probably crushed to death by a passing truck or something, as it was in the middle of a busy road after all. :P

b. One surivor who jumped off T'Leth and is now severely irradiated. Of course, this is highly unlikely, as T'Leth rose out of the gulf of Mexico but the city that was zoomed into was... oh I forget. California was it? Somewhere on the other side of the US. Of course, the remains of T'Leth could have crashed anywhere.

In any case, it's supposed to be "mysterious" (wooo~!). Rather a let down come to think of it, but not quite as big of one as the ending in book 5 of the HHGTG* trilogy. I was left baffled for several minutes.

- NKF

* Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Hmm, I recall something about it right at the end of the second book about the question being in Arthur Dent's sub-conscious then having him spell it out with scrabble pieces. I believe the same question might have been asked in the first book too, some time during the discussion after Deep-Thought gave its answer to Life the Universe and Everything.

Ooh, gone dangerously off topic here. I'll PM you the answer after I look it up.

- NKF