Afterlight modding

Preda

I have hit a spot of bother in Afterlight. The Martians are down to 2 territories and I think that because of this, they reject every offer I make to them. I want some of their grenades, to get an expedition armor.

I'd like to know how to ad the items, and give them some territories. If possible, I'd like this to be layed out clearly, as I don't have any previous experience with this game.

If you're looking for an easier way of getting the expedition armor you can use a mod mathulus created here: https://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/index.php?dlid=529

If you rather not add this mod but try to get the armor with the vanilla trade files then you'll need the following:

To get Martian EMP grenades from trade you'll need:

- 1 CrossBow BuzzSaw

- 2 CrossBow Saw Discs

- To be allied with the martians (just at peace won't cut it)

Because trade is somewhat random, you might not get this trade offer the first time around.

Giving them territories via savegame editing won't make them change their trade habits, this seems solely dependant on current relation with the player's faction. But if you still like to go for that, I believe something was attemted in another thread some time ago.

My way of going about it is to ignore the message when they're ready to negotiate and wait until they make a proposal, if I like it and find it usefull I take it, but if not, rather than clicking on refuse I go to request equipment and, most of the time, they will make a new offer.