First time playing

zippythezip

Planning on playing AL for the first time. Would like to know if I should install any mods first or just play first and add them later?

over the years I have visited this site and got hints for Silent storm and mods. Just love the squad type tactic games, Fallout tactics, jagged alliance 2, Dungeon siege, Drakensang, Ice Wind dale etc. Any ideas of other games would be nice ;)

Thanks.

I recommend going without mods the 1st round, then add the mods you think will give you a greater 2nd run experience. Cosmetic mods, those that don't alter the gameplay, just the visuals can be added/removed at any moment, unless stated in the readme. Those that modify configuration settings, add/remove new tech, weapons, suits, etc... must remain available for the game that was started with them.

Drakensang is a pretty good game, maybe a little slow to some..........but yea you guessed it there is a mod to make the game a better.

Only problem with AL is that the tutorial is a little short on info in the world view. There is going to be a big learning curve here for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah the learning curve is the worst flaw of Afterlight (the 2nd is for me the cartoon design).

The learning in the beginning is some boring, but when we're in the saddle it's very good.

the cartoony design is what makes it refreshing, considering all the other games look so so real or trying to be. But thats besides the point...

I also just started playing this game from scratch the second time around and all the mods out there, i would suggest u have the rocketbase mod. It doesnt make it 100%, but it decreases the chances of enemy attacking your territories and u get some time to research and produce stuff instead of going to tactical game all the time...