#21 ufonef

ufonef

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

Good idea with tabs, but what i thought is that:
Indeed sell screen is more obvious for getting rid of unwanted staff, but on the other hand player would have to memorise his soldiers names or change them before selling, so he would go to the appropriate screen and do that there. So most of the cases for selling soldiers in sell/sack screen would be for those players that visit the screen for the first time not knowing the interface. Player that discovered that he can sack soldiers via status screen probably wont use normal sell screen for that too often, if ever. Sure, it's more elegant to place it in both places but for now it's another feature for the 'in the future' list.
Speaking of this...a funny thing happened recently. On the buy/sell screen every item is treated the same. I changed couple of things in the code, and forgot to rearange indexes. And it happend that i was testing air combat. My interceptor flew bravely towards his target. But when faced with the alien threat, he proved to be quite ineffective in cobat. Wondering what happened I rechecked my interceptor's status and to my surprise i found out that instead of missiles, my stingray launcher was loaded....with scientists. Quite a sight to see stingray launcher loaded with six scientists. Result? Against ufo's outer armour: Warheads > Scientists's heads

#22 Gimli

Gimli

Dances with Mutons

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

:)

That reminds me of a story from the development of Fallout 1. I think it was pretty much the same thing, so the rocket launcher ended up shooting puppies or something like that.

#23 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:23 AM

View Postufonef, on 23rd April 2009, 6:51pm, said:

Don't be dissapointed, but alien's will use the same screen. Only instead of human, you will see that alien (picture taken from ufopedia).
I've got some pre-made alien screens in my toolpack if they're any use to you.
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

#24 ufonef

ufonef

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:45 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 25th April 2009, 2:23am, said:

I've got some pre-made alien screens in my toolpack if they're any use to you.

Thanks. They look great, and will be useful.

#25 ufonef

ufonef

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

To anyone still interested in this: simple demo version is up for download on http://nefurii.my-place.us

#26 Gimli

Gimli

Dances with Mutons

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Looking good. Does the tactical work already?

One thing I've noticed that is worth mentioning is that the game doesn't pause when you go from the Geoscape screen to the other screens (Base, Graphs etc.). You'll probably want to fix that, if you haven't noticed.

Crashed relatively quickly. :) If you need help searching for and fixing bugs, drop me a private message.

#27 ufonef

ufonef

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

Its not pausing on purpose. It's supposed to pause (actually slow down to 1 sec) only with detection of ufo, and perhaps a few other stuff. But when your at your base, and nothing is going on on the geoscape, you can let the time go. After all, if you play with human controlled aliens, game might get quite huge slowdowns because someone is just looking through his stuff in the base. Its just something to get used to. You can control time acceleration from base view with your numerical keyboard btw. 1- slowest, 6- fastest. Tactical works partially. Well, everything works just parially, and its filled with bugs. You can test tactical if you play as xcom, setup a base somewhere in europe and let time pass untill you detect ufo. and just fly and start a mission.
EDIT: About that bug, there is a test ufo in europe. If you don't deal with it fast, it will head home after few days, but there is no ufo base for it, and it might be the reason it crashes. Try fighting the ufo first. Anyways, game is still filled with bugs which for now i dont have the time to deal with. So true beta testing will be for later.:)

#28 ufonef

ufonef

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:43 AM

Some news for those interested: a playable, unfished beta is available for download. It is possible to take this game and play with a friend, at least for a short while.
I know its annoying that you need to manually extract the graphics, but that can't be helped right now.

#29 michal

michal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hello,

This project has gone from one man project to team based. Also it has new website:

http://ufotts.ninex.info/

New screenshot from alien base:

highresufobase2.jpg

Old hangar and new one:

hang.jpg

Also some models of craft armaments:

Avalanche_01.png

Cannon_01.png

You can see more models on main site.

#30 D2theG84

D2theG84

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

Awesome! Keep us posted.

#31 michal

michal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

Hello guys.

Do you want to see how battlescape looks with remade tiles for desert terrain?

Posted Image

As you see, viewport is much larger, while tiles also are in higher resolution.

Unit tiles in screenshot are original, but they will also be remade (like every other tile).

#32 Zombie

Zombie

Mr. Grognard of X-COM

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

A very crisp looking desert landscape, nice! :)

The cacti appear to be a little on the thin side though. ;)

- Zombie

My X-COM Patch Kit For UFO Defense | Emergency XCOM Meeting spoof on YouTube

JellyfishGreen said:

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

#33 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

Love all the pics so far... And great to see a bigger view. That was somewhat of a pain in UFO.

#34 Pete

Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Yup - this will be most welcome. Much as I love the originals, they make my eyes bleed on my 22 inch monitor ;)
I want to see the inside of the UFO in my avatar.

#35 michal

michal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

This project needs help with graphics. If you can (and want to) help, register on forum and/or join ufotts irc channel (details here http://ufotts.ninex..../index.php/irc/ ). If you don't have graphic talent, maybe you know someone who has.

#36 michal

michal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hello,

Thanks to new graphic artist, game is getting new remade tiles. He already remade tiles for sectoid, ufo, barn and cultivat.
Here are comparison screenshots, one with new old tiles, one with new (both versions feature new gui):

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Civilian

Civilian

Byronic Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Wow, that's cool! That's exactly what many users want: A hires remake of the good old Xcom, with the original weapons and stats. Can't wait to see this one in a playable state! :D
Don't worry, everybody died :-)

#38 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

Keep up the good work!

#39 Bloodmoney

Bloodmoney

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Huh I'm surprised, all the time I believed that NeFuRii drop the project. Keep up the good work!

#40 Azrael Strife

Azrael Strife

Captain

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

I'm very impressed :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users