X-Com on a Macbook

elothan

Hi.. I just bought a new Macbook, beliving that Dosbox game loader would flawlessy work and allow me to run my belowed X-com games... the DBGL is based on Java, so it SHOULD have been cross platfor and everything just fine...

However the Java in leopard is horrybly broken, so DBGL crashes every time, and with apple giving Java the boot, it looks like a new version would be long in the comming :D

I tried various so called Os X loaders, all crashing at some point.. i belive the error is in mounting the CD, atleast there the problem is in DBGL (non CD games run fine)

I am not so good with dos/commandlines to make any sense of dosbox eithout a frontend :(

Oh.. I have booth the Dos and CE versions of UFO and TFTD, and both the Euro and US verion of apoc... are there any mac gurus that can help me so I can get on with saving earth again...

I'm afraid I know little about Macs, but I do know the CD versions of UFO/TFTD can be rigged to run from the HDD with minimal effort. Just copy 'em over, clean up any read only flags that might've come across, and you're pretty much set to go.

• 1 month later...

I haven't tried DOSBOX on my new Mac yet, but I was reading about it today and thinking XCOM. I presume you have the latest version?

Is it just APOC you have trouble with? If you have UFO and TFTD running, that's really very good! If I were you, I wouldn't even need to run APOC! UFO forever!

I haven't tried DOSBOX on my new Mac yet, but I was reading about it today and thinking XCOM. I presume you have the latest version?

Is it just APOC you have trouble with? If you have UFO and TFTD running, that's really very good! If I were you, I wouldn't even need to run APOC! UFO forever!

Actually, I got them all to work :( Exept for the music in APOC though :)

I am kinda quirky when it gets to getting my fav games running on a new rig/system, so I can be very determined to get it to work :)

Had to struggle a bit with TFTD

Actually, I got them all to work :) Exept for the music in APOC though :)

I am kinda quirky when it gets to getting my fav games running on a new rig/system, so I can be very determined to get it to work :)

Had to struggle a bit with TFTD

• 5 months later...