view mode problem

dini89

Hello,

well I have a very annoying problem, I played UFO AS for quite a while, and everything went very smoothly, version 1.2, everything ok. Until I found on a forum that there's somthing called line of sight, well I click on the button LoS nothing happens. But than it gets worse I researched infra-vision and night-vision helmet add-ons, I put on the soldier's helmet, and under the toggle view mode only normal view tab slides down. What is the problem?

My video card is a little bit old ATI Radeon 9200, but I have the latest ATI driver, and everything runs smoothly.

To keep it short....It's your 'old' graphics cards there is the problem. ATI 9500 series and above is required to enable the view modes I think. 9500 and above is at least the requirement to play the game.

I am no hardwareguru but I think that ATI 9200 does support shader 3.0 which could be why they viewmodes are greyed out.

But the addons for the helmets should work. As in detecting the enemy miles away due to their body heat or psionic emissions.

If you look hard enough around the UFO Aftershock part of the forum you might find answer if mine doesn't suffice.