England v Trinidad

Accounting Troll

Its like Eurovision all over again!

Very pleased with the improved performance last nite, both the Coles linked up well and ROOOONNNEY showed some good touches and that never give up attitude was back in force, and how many headed goals has Stevie G scored in his career? Not many I bet! WOOOO

Sven, train defending those bloooming corners for gods sake!! Stop practising penalty shootouts :)

Slaughter thats a He-Man figure you have got there, but thanks for the compliment! ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Beckham kept upchucking in the dressing room before the gamne, and Sven didn't notice ;) I think he's going to get a goal against Portugal because he'll tell the Portugese players "I'm feeling a bit queasy at the moment, so if you tackle me I might throw up all over you".

I'm glad Rooney managed to last the entire game, bit I'm a bit worried about his temperament - he did come close to losing it early in the second half. In view of how Portugal cheated their way to victory against the Dutch, I suspect that the Portugese defenders will try to provoke him into lashing out so he gets sent off.

I saw this game. Great goal by Beckham (even with the barfing). Rooney did an excellent job of keeping the pressure on throught the heat and had some tremendous ball-handling. Problem was that he was playing way to rough and risked getting a yellow for his behavior. He better tone down the antics and focus on playing the ball in Englands next game.

To be honest though, Ecuador wasn't playing football. Their original strategy seemed to want to wear the English team out due to the heat and then score a goal. Beckhams goal screwed that to bits and other than a crossbar nudge in the first half, Ecuador didn't make an effort to even tie the game up. ;)

- Zombie

Wonder if Beckham will vom again?

I'm dreading tomorrow.

I think you'll find that fate has rolled a 6.

We'll breeze past Portugal in a superior display of skill and talent. The Media will go wild with glee and state that England are now favourites to win the World Cup.

We'll scrape past Brazil from a Beckham free kick/penalty in the last minutes of the match. The fact that we've beaten Brazil will make everyone ignore that we were very, very lucky.

The final will be a dour affair, and we'll lose 4-1 to Germany in a Penalty shoot out. Owen Hargreaves will sky the last one and will never be allowed to set foot in the UK ever again with the media screaming "Conspiracy" from the front pages for years....

That's my prediction anyway ;)

Have you been to the bookies to check your odds on that one? I suspect a £1 bet could get you a tidy sum if it happens as you say ;)

I've got my doubts about tomorrow's game (as with all the game's we've half-heartedly played) but we'll see. Maybe we'll even muddle through to the next round.

Our retired expert referee (a very good referee, by the way) says that England has been "damaged" (can't remember the correct expression right now) in two situations. The first one is the said foul, the referee should have immediately called a foul on Rooney, to prevent the situation that followed. The second, and even more importnat situation was one of the Portuguese handballing in the penalty area. He said that since Beckham (I think it was Beckham) didn't go for a direct shot, but rather a "pass"(another word I can't remember, sigh) into the penalty zone, it should have been a penalty, because the Portuguese player went with his hand toward the ball, and the ball was relatively slow (compared to a direct shot).

Im so proud to be English ;)

When will we have some luck? Injuries left, right and centre and playing the game with 10 men.

We don't cheat like other teams, the players who played today did us proud.

I'm troubled by Ronaldo, i'm a united supporter, what reactiuon will he get next season? Is it time for him to move on? :)

We've been dodgy all WC, but the players did well individually.

Rooney, stuck out on his own, performed as best as you could expect.

Ferdinand, Terry, both rock solid.

Hargreaves was a tad too aggressive to begin with, but he played hard and well.

Lennon came on and immediately mde a difference.

Crouch had a bucketload of energy, and ungainly as he may be at nine foot seven or whatever he is, he swung his huge gangly limbs quite well.

Lampard, however, seemed to fluff quite a lot of chances.