Kinda stuck

So in the 3rd round of choosing missions to go on (when theres only 3 choices), I finished off 2 of them and when I get back to base I do my usual heal up, buy/sell weapons and spend the rest of my money on upgrading stats ... then I talk to the guy in the hallway and he tells me he'll sell me some info for $100,000, meanwhile I now have $32 .... umm so now Boris doesnt assign me to any more mission so I assume that I MUST pay him the 100k to move on - so is my only option to go to random encounters now and sell the weapons I find until I get enough cash to move on ?

:eh:

So in the 3rd round of choosing missions to go on (when theres only 3 choices), I finished off 2 of them and when I get back to base I do my usual heal up, buy/sell weapons and spend the rest of my money on upgrading stats ... then I talk to the guy in the hallway and he tells me he'll sell me some info for $100,000, meanwhile I now have $32 .... umm so now Boris doesnt assign me to any more mission so I assume that I MUST pay him the 100k to move on - so is my only option to go to random encounters now and sell the weapons I find until I get enough cash to move on ?

:eh:

Basically? Yes. I know this sucks, it caught me out first time too. I hope you're not paying for first aid!!!!

Options:

1. Have you done the German Bank Robbery special mission? It's random encounter on the germany map, just to the right of the LZ point (where you start) If not, hang around until it appears and do this mission. this will net you 70K

2. Also check for special mission in Eygpt, centre of the map. You should be able to salvage some PK gear from this mission and sell that.

3. Load up with high pentration weapons (Armour Pericing bullets/rockets etc), high explosives & grenades. Sell EVERYTHING else. You won't need it again.

4. If all else fails, I hope you have a later mission you can restart from. There is a lot of hidden booty in some of the main mission maps if you look for it. The mines mission from the first 3 is one, the stealth mission in russia is another.

5. Reload (if you can) With Komik's random storm mod. Do these to gets lots of cash, it won't take half as long as trying to do it from the "normal" random missions....

Any more suggestions anyone?

*SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED* (Mind the caps).

Playing through Sentinels as much as I have I have discovered parts of what I call the money trail....A route through the main plot mission that should yield some serious money....

It begins with the Archives mission in the mines where there are some nice loot hidden somewhere in there.

And then it gets a bit blurry until the Egypt Mission and the Valhalla mission which also contains good hidden loot.

Maybe we can piece together this money trail to help out our fellow Silent Stormers....

I bankrupted myself by taking PKs back to the base whenever I could. This cost me several thousands since I couldn't carry as much weaponry to sell. The story missions between the UN Bomb and Egypt, in my experience, yeild a lot of loot. In the end, it becomes an issue of how to carry it all, and to avoid spending your profit on 6 ak-47s for each team member.

Well it wouldve been no problem to save up that much money if it wasnt for the fact that you can spend cash to upgrade your soldiers stats! Ive spent well over 100k on that alone.

Thanks for the good hints, at first I didnt want to use the german random encounter to get the 70k, feeling it was kinda of a cheap way to instantly buy awesome troops, but actually it turns out for me it will be just a good way to keep the story moving... somehow that doesnt feel as cheap.

You can spend cash to update your stats????!!!

No way.

The money trail I've followed:

Mine, Random Bank, Russian Manor, Valhalla

My guys have *good* equipment but its mostly been acquired in the field.

What's this Egypt mission with all the loot? The only non-end game mission I've done in Egypt is where you go into the old Nazi hideout in the ruins and get ambushed by TH. There wasn't any good loot in that one.

When you are buying equipment, you click on a players stats box (bottom left area) and then you are able to pay for 'training'. Usually it will cost anywhere from $200-900 to increase a skill or stat. Of course I maxed out my soldiers VP and my scouts AP - but those will cost you a lot.

Look for the little red plus sign beside their stat, hover over it will show the price, clicking it will upgrade it 1 point.

Oh I know, but I've never found loot in any Egypt mission... Is it a special encounter?

*SPOILER*

Egyptian mission where you are ambushed as I recall....Down in the den/lair/underground place there should be some loot in a chest....

Is that the Egypt mission in the ruins?

All I found down there was some old German uniforms... crap!

There's a special random that crops up as well, near the centre of the map. Just take some high penetration weapons, you'll need them :P

Is that the Egypt mission in the ruins?

All I found down there was some old German uniforms... crap!

Sorry about the long wait...I had to produce the evidence by playing the game as far as the Egyptian mission.

*SPOILER WARNING*

Have you bothered looking in the locking AND boobytrapped chest?

Check this screenshot if you don't believe me....

The Egyptian Loot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When you need to raise 100k to pay the informant, don't worry and sell everything you can :drink:. If you have at least two good grenade throwers (heavy grenade at least 6-7 squares away), you'll only need a couple of sniper rifles with ammo for the last level.

At least, that was my case. With two snipers with "Always critical", you should be able to clear the whole outdoor level. (Having loads of light grenades can be helpful - send the grenadier above the bunker entrance :drink:.

You'll find enough PWM-1 grenades in this level (and the underground follow up).

A comfortable "minimum" configuration would be two PK with sniper guns, a repairing tool, two snipers with high-penetration rifles and probably some MG/SMG to stop rushing infantry.