how do i creat a silent storm file so i can use the cheats


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 silent

silent

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:56 PM

:cool:  :) hey can anyone help me i need to no how to creat a silent storm file
:)  ;)

#2 Slaughter

Slaughter

    Colonel

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norway, Oslo

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

View Postsilent, on 20th February 2006, 5:56pm, said:

:cool:  :) hey can anyone help me i need to no how to creat a silent storm file
:)  ;)
Take a look at our sister site here to find out how to use cheats.


#3 crazydriver

crazydriver

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:31 AM

View PostSlaughter, on 20th February 2006, 2:06pm, said:

Take a look at our sister site here to find out how to use cheats.


Having the same question as above post, and cannot seen to get s2 to allow the mouse to move on the load page once i edit the cfg file name. I tried the link posted but every link under documents there is broken http://www.strategyc...ndex.php?lng=en. How do you edit to allow the "cheats", i played through once and now i just want to blow things up.

#4 Slaughter

Slaughter

    Colonel

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norway, Oslo

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

Try this. Let me know if it works. Have fun!


#5 crazydriver

crazydriver

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:04 AM

View PostSlaughter, on 31st May 2007, 12:22pm, said:

Try this. Let me know if it works. Have fun!


Thanks for trying to help. I went into the cfg folder and clicked rename for the autoexec file adding wirbelwind so it reads "autoexecwirbelwind". But when i turn on the game it locks out both my pc touchpad and my connected mouse, so i can't actually start a game unless i go back and erase the wirbelwind from it, then it works fine but no cheats.??

I will try it on my other computer and see if maybe it is just my pc for some reason. I am putting the edit in the right place , right?

#6 Slaughter

Slaughter

    Colonel

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norway, Oslo

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

(:

You have to excuse my amusement, but no. The idea is to open the file in a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad.

- Start->Run... notepad
- File->Open and browse your way to the autoexec.cfg file
- Insert the text at the end of that file
- File->Save
- Now start the game

.cfg files are the same as .txt files really. They are normal text files with settings inside. It's called .cfg to illustrate that it's a config file.

Give this a spin and let me know how it works out.


#7 crazydriver

crazydriver

    Squaddie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:35 AM

View PostSlaughter, on 1st June 2007, 11:01am, said:

(:

You have to excuse my amusement, but no. The idea is to open the file in a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad.

- Start->Run... notepad
- File->Open and browse your way to the autoexec.cfg file
- Insert the text at the end of that file
- File->Save
- Now start the game

.cfg files are the same as .txt files really. They are normal text files with settings inside. It's called .cfg to illustrate that it's a config file.

Give this a spin and let me know how it works out.


(: ...somehow that seemed almost too easy, but it was exactly what i needed. Thanks for all the help. I spent over three days trying to get it to work; forums rock!

#8 Slaughter

Slaughter

    Colonel

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norway, Oslo

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

View Postcrazydriver, on 5th June 2007, 6:35am, said:

(: ...somehow that seemed almost too easy, but it was exactly what i needed. Thanks for all the help. I spent over three days trying to get it to work; forums rock!
Glad I could be of assistance. Have fun! (:





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users