Phantasms Giving me a Headache

Shades of Green

Phantasms are real cows. I hate them. Every last bit of them.

I always find that going in, guns blazing at the start, is a sure way to die against these things, especially at such an early stage in the game. I find killing the others then going after these works.

Whats really irritating is when they cloak. I've never had a last phantasm cloaker re-appear. I just quit the mission and come back to it.

Others have suggested hitting them fast and hard, so you could try targeting the craft and order all wingmen to fire at it. If they don't destroy it it should be sufficiently damaged to leave a visual trail you can track and fire at.

Try that on veteran or above, you'll end up very severly damaged, especially later on in the game. On the easier difficulties, its pheasable, but lets say Phatasms are one of the hardest thing you'll come across in any X-Com game at Superhuman level. Give me a rifle against a superhuman muton any time :)

• 6 months later...
Others have suggested hitting them fast and hard, so you could try targeting the craft and order all wingmen to fire at it. If they don't destroy it it should be sufficiently damaged to leave a visual trail you can track and fire at.

Try that on veteran or above, you'll end up very severly damaged, especially later on in the game. On the easier difficulties, its pheasable, but lets say Phatasms are one of the hardest thing you'll come across in any X-Com game at Superhuman level. Give me a rifle against a superhuman muton any time :)

Hi

I am new to this forum, so though I would jump straight in!

I had this game years ago, and have only just recently re-got it and got it going again on XP, and boy I love it again!

On this subject, my tactic is to fire once i am in range, at the same speed as the rest of me ships, and as a am about to pass it, unload a tonne of missiles and fly on past, switching the incoming fire/ missiles to me back for a bit. Let the others handle themselves and then swing around for another go, if it is still alive that is!

Works every time for me ;)