[AS] - Game Mechanic Exploits

Matryx

After you have won a mission, you can no longer lose it in any way.

Thus, it's perfectly possible to win a mission, then slaughter all of the locals / allies without consequence.

The allies will not try to fight back - they will not try to evade, run away, or hide. They will just sit there and take it.

Indeed, in missions where these troops have equipment (e.g. Help these Cyborgs fight off the mutants) you'll get more loot, and if you do this early on you can have machine guns after the first mission or two (even though you can't use them yet).

I do not advocate cheating, of course, and look forward to this bug being squashed in future patches... even if the way of squashing it is to have large rep penalties for each player-inflicted kill - or make them fight back as soon as you force-attack on them.

• 1 month later...
I have failed missions doing this aswell.. I wait till I get the "you've won" screen say yes to continue then killed everyone and take their eq and weapons... I finish the mission and BAM its failed... not all the time, but it has happened.. (I just reload..) maybe its just after the last patch came out?