#21 Paranoid Jack

Paranoid Jack

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:34 AM

View Postricardo440, on 28th November 2005, 4:51pm, said:

research WARGOT scout ship and if that doesn't trigger the misison you are screwed, and there is nothing to do but reload or hack your save game. (whihc I have no idea how to do)

Ok, maybe I am safe then. I haven't been given that option yet. I had the cut scene where our space craft went in to attack but that was unsuccessful (I don't want to spoil it for anyone). I am going to let them keep my base for now in the hope of triggering the mission. But I plan on wiping them out everywhere else as soon as possible.   :phew:

#22 ricardo440

ricardo440

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:13 AM

That was it.

The research (wargot scout ship or something like that) that triggers you sending that mission that fails is the trigger for the temple mission.

Check your laputa research logs, if you havn't done wargot- cult colaboration, you might be ok, but I think you're screwed.

#23 Paranoid Jack

Paranoid Jack

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:27 AM

Here is the fix for the missed mission trigger. Good luck.   :cool:

http://forum.ufo-aft...st=0#entry21451

Edit: This FIX works I have used it. And it isn't too difficult to do. Just follow the directions given by the kind soul who figured it out. Though I would recommend only rolling back the numbers a few thousand each at most. Not halving them. Otherwise you'll be waiting between one to two days (game-time) to get the triggers.  

So basically this returns Wargot Ship Probe & Cultist-Wargot Collaboration to unfinished research. My recommendation is to subtract a few thousand from Collaboration and half that for Probe. Then when returning to your saved game (in-game) don't forget to add them back to the research ques. Put them at the top of your list of course.   :mad:

You'll get the failed Ship Probe cut scene and then the Collaboration will trigger the mission to attack a Cultist base to find the info needed to continue the plot-line. So above all be sure the Cultists have a base. Remember wiping them off the map automatically gives them three provinces. And one or two are bases. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks again to those who took the time to post this info and toy with the saved game file so that we could continue reclaiming Earth for the good of all mankind.   :)

#24 Mouse Nightshirt

Mouse Nightshirt

Stressed out Junior Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:41 PM

Hmmm, I never had this problem in my first game - the cultists had all of America by that point :)
I suffer from Arachibutyrophobia, fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

Mouse_Nightshirt - asphixiated in the name of science!

CMDR Richter Weindhoven
Commanding Officer - Alpha Team
Status -- Deceased
Reason -- Old age (Cheers DH!)

#25 Novalith

Novalith

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:25 AM

Was this bug squashed in the 1.2 patch?  I cannot check the official forums, as they are not working for me right now :lovetammy:

#26 cacapis

cacapis

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:18 AM

Strange, I never got the Wargot-Cultist cooperation. And if I remember well I never got a "Cultist mission" that triggered the "Cultist threat" technology to research. So it seems that I'm stuck in an even earlier stage of the game. Could anybody explain how is it that you get to research that?
Thanks!

#27 cacapis

cacapis

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

Ok, I got it now. It seems that I crushed the cultists too fast before they could attack me and therefore trigger the Cultist Threat research. Now I'll try to get the other mission with the cultist leader and the wargot

#28 mcsiaw

mcsiaw

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:12 AM

'alien ship arrival in 14 days',means waggot arrival?

i had research 'cultish treat',so,can i wipedoutthe cultish now? will it triggered the game bug?

#29 Martian base commander

Martian base commander

Alien collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:06 PM

Maybe THIS is what I need!!

This better work! looks like I need to start again! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  :D
For those wanting to delve deeper into UFOAL and learn advanced strategies etc , visit my own UFOAL group at -  http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/the_uf...ecreation_dome/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users