23 replies to this topic

#21 BentonGrey

BentonGrey

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:16 AM

Thanks again for replying Slaughter, and I had not seen that info.  I will test it tomorrow.

#22 BentonGrey

BentonGrey

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

Okay, I've had time to test this now, and it is not working for me after all.  If I enter the texture name 2542.mmp, then the command line tells me it is unable to open the file.  If I rename the file into an mmp (as all the numbered files generated by the resextractor are just "file" designated), or if I just call the number itself without the .mmp suffix, the command line gets stuck in an endless loop telling me it is truncated.  I've tried it with a dozen different textures, no luck on any of them.  Did the resextractor spit out the right kinds of files?  Am I doing something wrong here?

:EDIT:  I've also got another question, and I'm hoping that you might be able to help me, Slaughter.  You seem to know where a lot of info is around here.  Have you come across any tutorials about modding the actual campaign of the game?  It seems to me that the easiest way to create my own campaign would be to simply alter the vanilla maps and their mixes of enemies and scripts.  I've just started poking around with this, but the campaign structure is much less intuitive than other games I've worked on.  I've searched these forums, and I've found some information about creating custom maps, but none about actually creating campaigns.  Any info you could point me to would be quite helpful.

:EDIT: And a third question, is there any way to modify the portraits of your mercs?  I'd like to replace them with scans of the JOEs from the comics.

#23 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

1: I tried playing a little with the tools, but didn't get any longer than you did. I suggest you PM Novik (creator of the extraction tool and Hammer & Sickle) or one of the modders in this topic (like KoMik).

2: KoMik is the only modder that's gone far in this that I know (along with vs322), so I suggest PMing one of them to ask (see KoMik's mod here).

3: Sorry, I'm no modder, so again KoMik or Novik is your best bet.

#24 BentonGrey

BentonGrey

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:28 AM

Thanks Slaughter, you've been a big help!  I will definitely contact some of the absent modders.  With any luck one or two of them will still be checking their PMs, and they can help me along a bit. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users