Hiding floors in editor? how?

son_ix

and another question, is there a chance to snap items from the object tree too? not only the constructor items like walls roofs and so on?

and does it work when i drag objects from objects tree, that i can rotate them while i drag em like with the object constructor? because i dont want to rotate them all manually in the properties window?

and how can i fill a box with items?

Hiding floors - the entire floor can be hidden using numplus and numminus as mentioned. The floors themselves can be removed by ticking off the checkbox on the far left of the floor layer in the layers panel.

Objects can't be snapped to as far as I can tell - might be possible though, you never know.

To rotate any object by 90 degrees, hit R. For more precise rotations you have to use the properties window.

To put stuff in boxes, in the proerties window find the RPGChestID property and click the ... icon. You can eithe ruse one of the predetermined box layouts or make a new one in the window you just opened. To modify items in the selected box layout, select the items field on the right and click the ... button. In the items screen you can set a minimum difficulty level for each item before it appears or leave blank for all levels.

I'm not sure what level does in the chest window, but I'd guess it means the items only show up if the player's group is at that level. Or it could be a number relating to the random items variants in the chest. Have to wait for manual for clarification on this.

Couple corrections to damocles' post:

1. While objects themselves can't be snapped normally, you can place the object (a railing, for example) roughly where you need it, and then select the railing together with the floor (for example), and move it one gridspace, and then back again. The object will snap according to the grid.

2. You can rotate objects by selecting, then holding SHIFT. A cube will appear around the object, at which point you can click-drag to rotate the object. Note that construction objects (walls, floors, etc) can only be rotated 90 degrees at a time (ie, you can't place a wall at 45 degrees).

yes i figured out the shift thing :( thank you anyway, it would be nice if theres a way to rotate objects in Z direction not only X, and the thing with snapping i found out, i made me a "perfect" door and then i use it for all doors just by replacing the door with another door if needed

I don't like recommending the shift key rotation because every time I've tried it, either the object has vanished completely off of the map, or the editor has crashed.

Strange. That's never happened to me before. Every once in a while when performing some kind of movement/rotation operation on an object I have to "Update Game View" in order for the object to show up again. Could that be what's causing your problem?