resolution problem

handclap

Hi,

I can't select a resolution higher than 1152x768 in the game but in windows xp I have 1280x1024. A friend of mine can even select 1600x1200 in the video options of the game. What is the problem? Is it related to DirectX (which I reinstalled, same as the graphic drivers)?

I have a Radeon 8500 and run DirectX 9.0b.

handClap.

Yes I think it's a driver related problem, too.. I had the problem in other games as well.

About the config.cfg file: I can't find the appropriate entry for the resolution. I made a backup of the config.cfg, changed the resolution in the game and compared the variables with no success. There was no change at all, except if I changed the color depth, too.

The GFX configurator doesn't work here, it says there is a strange .ocx file missing. But in the screenshots I saw no field for a resolution change.

Where does silent storm store its resolution settings??? It's a mystery for me :-x

If you are getting the missing OCX (probably richtext or tabbed dialogue) it 'should' be fixed by the updated installer on the configurator's page. (I may have forgotten to update the downloads area)

If you look at the 2nd page of options that it has, 3rd from the bottom is the resolution.

it's not recorded as 800x600, 1024x768 etc it is doe as 800, 1024 and so on.