122 replies to this topic

#41 Raion

Raion

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 06:28 PM

Try PSI helmets, to wear for your squaddies.

There is certain research that helps more than other ways in the game.
To me, use human built armor, and human built weapons.
Some areas of Research can be skipped or completed later, as certain research makes the game go better for your squaddies.

Well, guess I will download the ComboMod 3 if it is completely ready ??

Add it to the Tough Alien Mod, after I get done with Aftermath the regular way.

Or not!

:(

#42 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 06:36 PM

It IS complete and done.

#43 Chryssalid_Victim

Chryssalid_Victim

Boomer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 12:49 PM

Great work guys.  

Have to admit Combo Mod v2.0 scared the hell outta me when i met those spec ops guys mission 1 and got summarily whooped (doesn't help being outta practice either).  Op Impending Doom 2 never got off the ground  :(

But now with v3 and a few alterations to strategy I'm having real fun with this, although an 1800 power rifle in spec ops hands wasn't what I wanted to see....GRENADES AHOY!!  :(

Fantastic work guys, you only get better and better as time goes by.

Laters
How the mighty have fallen due to a simple change of final letter

Chryssalid
UFO: EU - ARRRRGH, Death to all those with no Flying Armour
TFTD: Tentacluat as replacement - Arrrrrgh now they fly!!!!
Apoc: Chryssalis - Useless, pointless, ugh
UFOA: Chryssalis - XP Provider

(Disclaimer: Yes I know UFOA is not an X-Com game, and I know the Chryssali have nowt to do with the original demon from hell but work with me here)

Boomer: PhoeniX-COMpany. What Connection?

Mental Father of the FLAPPER OF DOOM!!!

#44 Red

Red

Nit Pickey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:54 PM

Hope you add the  http://www.ufoafterm...Other/Voice.ZIP mod cause i have no idea where to place the files.

Im' a n00b and Just reached the Russian Dream Land Files with the Sky Armor.

3 of them carring the Incedinary Launchers WOW! My Running Technique Have Very Little Effect cause the Blasts Always gets us. Problem is, I only have the (2)  L115 and (1) M54 the rest are carrying Plasma Rifles. I think one of my men is  going to die!

Good thing I Now Started Packing my Troops with Med kits to the MAX.

I learned the Reload-Clip Trick the hard way I think it's ALTARS way of rewarding thouse who keep track of their AMMO.

You should make Smoke Grenade Shorter Priming Time so it can be used for cover and Non-Lethals have a Higher Initiative & LONGER Distance.

Like Lurker Said Lighter Flaires Should be farther; and make it have a Larger Radius of Illumination and make it slowly Shrink till it just be comes a LightStick.

I just installed the Camera Hack Mod, First Person Camera v2! and "Laser sounds" mod MOD. and I'm Loving it! :(

Can wait to Finnish this so i can start the Training Requirements mod and Stargate SG-1 Mod I'm guessing it's a NEW Settings and Story.
http://www.ufoafterm...co.uk/stargate/

Also when the Mutant Transgenant Uses their Weapons the Clip is lost so you can Empty it. making you Drop your weapon and use the enemy's to save ammo.

Research & Development, Healing and training Stops @ 0:30 before the >1x Time Speed.

I was Able to recruit a Downed Pilot and now is in my Roster hihihihih  :( NO Cheat!

Just a bug it crashes when i try to put or remove the Armor. and Dissappears after one mission. :(

I'll try Grenade Mod and Power Armor mod when i reach the next Reasearch Development.  :(
Experience:
- UFO: Enemy Unknown / X-COM: UFO Defense
- UFO: Aftermath -  1.4

#45 BlackAlmaz

BlackAlmaz

THE GHOST FROM XMAS PAST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:36 PM

hey redthe stargate mod was abendaned...it was imposible to do what the wanted to

so it stped very early..a few guns made but there al in the RB mod

that mod has evrything in it...and alows you to play..well forces you to use newr tectics.....and if you can defeat the spec ops that i putin..than you get the weapons they carry..its acool gift at the start of the game

oh and a voice pack might just be to big to make
"THERE AT THE BERACADES!!!....THERE IN THE PERIMETER!?.....THERE IN THIS ROOM!?" ALIANs

#46 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:04 PM

He means that you should add the small voice-pack-example from the download section to the game  :(

And red, nice to see you play that game with the same mods that i use  :( UFOAM is reborn that way.

I played the Area51 mission yesterday and a base defence mission with all above mods and the Tough-Alien-Mod, whew, very intense!

I lost no person in the Area51 mission, and i could sneak/run unharmed throught the lower base!!!

The base mission did cost me an unit, because an Disco-reticulan attacked me, eek!, but i could hold the base  :(

#47 Red

Red

Nit Pickey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:31 PM

Can i send my Save game file to what e-mail address? http://www.ufoafterm...?c=Mods&p=saves Doesn't say much i Got 2 Soldiers that has their DEX @ AWFUL so more can be distributed around Still Experimenting on which would be better a Trained Soldier or a Speciallized Soldier

Thanks for the warm Welcome you guys  :(
Experience:

#48 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:21 AM

If you want a challenge, you should you use the Tough-Alien-Mod, as you will always get "newbie" troops with very bad skills then. In the regular game your new units will get better stats at the start of their career along with the "level" of the game, with the mod they will always be lousy at the start.

And yes, look for the Training requirements Mod, i think it's exactly what you want.

#49 Red

Red

Nit Pickey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 07:55 PM

I guess wasn't Clear; When I started Playing UFO:AM I started with DEX that are @ AWFULL and there was NO MOD change or Cheat done. (I 'like to share MY saved Game for the Beginners who doesn't want to use Cheat, and likes the set up  or want a Good Start up Troop of the original two - like the game was meant to be played).

Spawned Perfectly as to make the Stat Points distribute to other usefull Stats.

What i meant was...

a Trained Soldier is a Soldier that his stats are distributed to get the Skills in training

while a Speciallized Soldier is a Soldier that is more on the Stats rather than Training.

and I'm checking which path is the best.

And where the initiative lies in the AGI Stat or Weapon Skill?
Experience:

#50 Lurker

Lurker

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:51 PM

On some machines, swapping saved games resulted in visible frozen aliens, and thus the inability to play the next tactical mission to be offered.

#51 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 02:03 PM

Yesterday i played a base-defence mission. This has to be the hardest mission i ever played in my whole UFOAM time. I tried to ambush the reticulans in a small corridor where two rooms were facing each other.

But: The enemy didn't show up. I waited almost 15 minutes but noone appeared.

So, i had to go and search for them, this was something i did not want to do as i had only two guys with big weapons (one Bfg4500 and one guy with two needlers) the rest carried ordinary guns, one of them even the standard shotgun.

So i silently sneaked trough the halls, keeping some distancce between my units to make sure one plasma shot doesn't kill more than one, but on the other hand kept them close enough to give fire support. Nothing happens for some minutes as i slowly go down a loooooong corridor in the time consuming way i explained above.

Then at a corner suddenly 5 (!) reticulans show up at the same moment. Here i needed to reload as i had options set to no pause during messages and got COMPLETELY wiped out in seconds.

Ok, after some VERY long and intensive fighting and even more intensive reloading i finally could overwhelm those five reticulans  :( Still, i had lost two units and my medic had to heal the rest.

ok, i thought, only three retis left to kill, easy meat compared to the five that appeared together. Well, so i thought. But around the next corner: A disco-reti!  :(

To my BIG luck it carried a Heavy-PSI-weapon and could shoot at one guy only as the others were in cover. Even better: The controlled guy walked AWAY from my team, down the next corridor into a close-by storage room.

As the reti can control only one unit per controller, i decided to make an attack with my BFG-unit at the disco-reti. I got him in sight and shot in burst mode at him! He merely lost ~20 percent of his health! And worst of all: My controlled unit became "free" at that very moment and the reticulan turned around towards the bfg-guy. I could empty the magazine of the BFG in another burst at the reti before my unit was taken over. (good for the other units standing close-by). But at the same moment my now uncontrolled unit saw two retis standing directly in font of him!

Under usage of several more reloads and lots of different tactics i could

-stun and kill the two new retis
-weaken the discoreti and finally kill him with a knife in closecombat (thx to a surprise attack from another unit)

-Result: 8 dead reticulans (one of them a disco-one), 2 dead humans, 4 guys in the hospital. I could level up 5 units, one of them two times. The base was held.

Russian base? Area51? I don't fear you anymore, this mission was harder.

I kept reloading during the mission as i somehow wanted to find a way of defeating those reticulans with the weapons i had, even if i had flares and knifes only.

I took me at least ~25 reloads to do so  :(

(I'm using the ComboMod and the Tough-AlienMod on medium difficulty, and the camera- and the skills-mod, too)

#52 Lurker

Lurker

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:01 PM

That's basically my style of play with Aftermath.  If I lose more that two or three soldiers, I reload and try again, and I keep reloading and retrying until I find a way to win the mission with three or four of my soldiers still alive at the end.  A time consuming process if you are seriously outnumbered or are significantly outgunned.

So Aralez, how many hours did it take to win the mission, especially after the 25 reloads?

#53 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:12 AM

Around 40 minutes i guess :( But it really was worth it.

#54 Red

Red

Nit Pickey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

:( Wow how many clips did you bring to reload the weapon?  ???

:( Up to now I still haven't played UFO since my Russian Drop Off... So busy  :(  wonder how will i last? i wonder if I can survive the Infiltration with out using First aid packs?
Experience:

#55 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:22 PM

I mostly used stun weapons, knifes and grenades and the controllers that the aliens dropped. But still i had to take every piece of ammo with me that i could without turning the speed of my units to awful  :( And i used almost all of it.

Without first aid packs? Ahem, no  :(

#56 markhunt

markhunt

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:51 AM

Hi,

I've just started UFO:A with ComboMod 3.0 a few weeks ago, and now became unable to proceed because of reproducible crash. I have already completed original game without any mods a few times, so I can't help suspecting this crash is originating to ComboMod.

I've been successfully completing all missions until second secret base mission, where you obtain Dreamland Archive. I can complete the mission, and obtain the archive without a problem. However, once I complete this mission, I can no longer load any tactical missions successfully. After completing Dreamland Archive mission, when I try to start any tactical missions, an error occurs at 90% of loading. I am running WinXP so I don't get detailed error name, just a dialog saying "We are sorry UFO.exe caused an error..." or something like that.

I tried many possible solutions, such as uninstall/reinstall the game and the patch 1.4, deleting *.desc files, running in safe mode, delegating all outstanding missions, but no luck. :(

I am running the game in the following configuration:

Windows XP Home SP2
Pentium-4
RAM 512MB
More than 80GB of free disk space
RADEON-9800Pro
Onboard Sound (without EAX)
UFO:A v1.4 with ComboMod 3.0

If you have any advice, I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

And thank you very much for creating this greatest Mod!
Your Mod literally reincarnated the game! :(

markhunt

#57 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:23 AM

Try to re-download the ComboMod, there were some small bugfixes aplied, maybe they can help you. If this doesn't work:

Send me your last savegame. Preferably zipped. I'll look into it.

#58 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 10:33 AM

Black Almaz, i have a user-request here: "Other" forum

Can you add something like that? I would suggest to simply add a second turret.  Adding a second ammo would be tricky (as you would run out of it seeing the ammo-hunger of that weapon)

#59 gabyhayes

gabyhayes

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

Tried To Download the mod and it's missing.

Any Ideas where it is? :(  :(

#60 Raion

Raion

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:41 PM

ATTN: UFO:Aftermath.co.uk

The ComboMod 3 is missing in action on the MODS page.

No, I have not downloaded it yet, since it takes me quite a while to do that. I was waiting for a better time.

Fixing it or something??

I will check back to see when it is updated again.

Thanks!

End of ATTN:

We have taken it, Earthlings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users