Multi-Player

lemmingzappa

How do you think MP could be implemented for a game like this? I don't think it would work if each player controlled a squaddie in combat, since there is always a need to stop and start combat. It seems like it would be frustrating to wait everytime somebody stopped combat to change their orders. Then there is the whole issue of who would make strategic decsions such as what tech to reasearch. How would a team determine who gets the Bio Armour that was just developed? Another problem with that idea is that it takes a long time to complete a game of AM.

Here is one interesting idea though, what if each player controlled a squad and had their own reasearch and dev bases. Even a system like this would be limited to 3 or 4 players due to geographical limitations.

I think this game is a dedicated one player game. Great for when you are on buisness trips with nobody to play games with, or when just feel like chillin for a while.

I think in multiplayer there could be some kind of vs mode i have a few ideas.

1. each player has there own base and they have to get ot a certian point in the game with the best time, but also the best accuracy etc*

2. One team is human the other alien, they could battle each other.

3. Ufo battle, one team controls jets, the other ufo's and they battle each other.