Attacking downed ufos\bases\russian base

Kkloe

Well downed ufo should have more structual damage and some dead aliens inside, how can it crash in the first place when the whole ufo looks like it is intact on the ground?

And I find it alot annpyiong when attacking alien bases and the russian base that holds the importatnt files that you get deployed in the middle of aliens, I doubt that in the first place that one would be succesful deployed from a chopper that is proably hovering in the air making it an easy target for mad greys with rockets, that the soldiers would be actual living when they hit ground when there are like 5 gryes around and probaly 3 with rocket launcher.

Yes, I too hate the ambushes set up by the aliens when you arrive to their UFO's. A bit unfair, if you ask me... there's nothing you can do but fight your way through one of the walls of resistance and set up a counter-attack.

In the Marines, we call that a "Hot LZ."

:withstupid:

Remember the briefing about how you had to find out means to get aboard those UFOs? "We could just dig a hole into the hull of the UFO's, but let's use their teleporters, so they can prepare a proper ambush for us there. Would be damn unfair of us, to come from a surprising direction to face these greys with superior stats and weaponry, wouldn't it?"

:withstupid:

________

rezaf

I find when taking on downed ufos, the best thing to do is just wait kneeling in your start positions. Click the speed to full and wait. Eventually, 90% of the Reticulans will come to you, and you can hit them with a rapid massed barrage - usually before they get a single shot off. Same works inside the UFO, find a big room with lots of entrances, and wait. They will all slowly come ambling into your clutches.... Once you've nailed enough, you can explore, and finish the non movers, but patience seems to work wonders.

The best tactic I find for storming the greys is fire and move, charging them. Anyone read Bravo Two Zero, just like when then take out the APC's in Iraq. I line my troopers up (note, this only works if the enemy is only coming from one direction!) in a staggered formation, two lines, one of four at the front, and one of three slightly behind. Then firing with the closest four, charging the second line of three troopers through the first line a few paces, kneeling them and firing. Then getting the line of four up, charging them through the line of three. This way you always have fire suppressing the bad guys :withstupid: and gradually get the percentage hit ratio up and up until all the greys/transgents are dead :D I've not lost one soldier with this tactic., so it can't be that bad ;) hehe

S..

This way you always have fire suppressing the bad guys :withstupid: and gradually get the percentage hit ratio up and up until all the greys/transgents are dead :D I?ve not lost one soldier with this tactic., so it can't be that bad ;) hehe

Does suppresing fire have an effect? Can't say I've noticed it in my game. I started off by utilising std fire and move tactics but gave them up when I couldn't see any effect. Now I move en masse as required.

it enables there to be always at least 2 or 3 people to be putting rounds into the aliens at any one time... so I can't see the bad side of that :withstupid: hehe... moving en masse is good, but it means that you're being shot at, without any retaliation... just means your men have less health when they do start shooting - and my particular tatic obviously only works out doors ;) heh

S..

Remember the briefing about how you had to find out means to get aboard those UFOs? "We could just dig a hole into the hull of the UFO's, but let's use their teleporters, so they can prepare a proper ambush for us there. Would be damn unfair of us, to come from a surprising direction to face these greys with superior stats and weaponry, wouldn't it?"
I wondered this too... but then I put it down to "They'd notice the blow-torch and turn me into a human-plasma-fuelled sparkler" when they saw the sparks coming through the hull ;)

Apparently they're supposed to act surprised that we can press the doorbell and teleport inside :withstupid:

I think if the terrain had been destructible to some degree (even alien terrain only) then this would have made more sense... however, I can see how I might have kept destroying vital parts of Planter spaceships and never completing the game through "accidental" splash damage :devil: