random Maps so a skirmish generator too?

gunny

Since the maps are being randomly generated, is there going to be an option to pick your troops and enemy, and place them on a map for a single scenario skirmish. Cooking single battles really adds to the life span of the game, and can be more fun than the actual campaign IMO.

Welcome to the boards gunny!

I don't know if there will be such a option. Don't think it's planned for in the initial release, though I agree, it should absolutely be there. I guess it depends on how well the game sells. If it does well, there will probably be mod tools released, as well as a patch that adds skirmish. Care to elaborate Jiri?

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine it would be eazy to implement, but this is really just one of those "candy" things they add in at the end. the real meal is the campaign like all other X-COM games..... oh wait this is not an X-COM game my bad :rolleyes:

But i dont think it will be to hard to have...

F3

the typical it is x-com it isn't thingy im constantly confused but await with anticipation this game.

anyway to the point im sure someone will make a random skirmish generator as a mod and if not just keep on posting it as an idea someone will want to take up the challenge and the kudos that goes with modding

/agree with trance

Ok now cleraing up on Xcom buisness

1- it is NOT officially an Xcom remake

2- they (jiri) have stated its not an xcom sequel

3- they (jiri) have stated that it mearly looks like xcom becuase they were fans of the game

4- we (me, Fqubed) have baptised as Xcom remade because it well looks like xcom remade (excellent logic you must admit)

F3

• 2 months later...

:rolleyes: I just luve the X-COM games. There are nuthing like having annihalitors with heavy beams and medium beams watching the town as you send out dozens of griffons AFV to punish the buildings of your enemies. :devil:

Anyway I don't know much of this game except what I read here and actually I bealive there shouldn't be a skrimish mode unless they plan to make a single battle multiplayer. Like a capture the alien or something. :alien2:

Wellwell.. good luck to all gamers out there. And hopefully the game will be good 2.