edit

i have made a new megnam model

and might just make a deednel morel..to look abit more intresting

and now i'm going to try and make the 92fs

wich is the hardest pistol to make sofar

magnam was a chalnge but this..hmm..i hope i dont end up with my ols model

and i'm thinging of replacing the falcon with the dregonov..but..hmm naaa

i'll keep tat gun

QUICK, Urgent: BlackAlmaz: I have a VERY good idea, which should be do-able by you in 2 seconds: Give the flare a short stun-ability (maybe 10 seconds or so)! The units would behave like they have been blinded for a moment. Finally the flare would be used in the game!

Thx! :) I created a new tactic in my thoughts: Stun the enemy with a flare and lay a TNT package at his feet and run away. Haven't tested it yet, will be tricky :laugh:

Or one could use the flare in one hand and the knife in the other- stun, quick change the hands and attack... (Not tested, too)

Lurker, you will love the new flare! I developed several new tactics with it. The TNT one ^^ didn't work out very good, if you are not close enough the alien will move again before your bomb explodes, you have to guess the distance it will travel in that time and calculate the position of your TNT package accordingly. That proved to be VERY difficult. Not only you had to do lots of micro-management with your unit, you also had an angry alien close by coming at you!

But other tactics worked very well. I threw the flare around corners in areas where i knew aliens would most probably be and stunned them, then my crew looked around the corner, stunned the aliens again with the stun-gun (it keeps them stunned VERY long) and finished them off. If i had no stungun i used knifes and shotguns, as they inflict the most damage over a short period of time. And i regularily re-stunned them again with those "cheapo-flares" if they weren't dead already. :) As the flare doesn't weight much you can carry lots of it.

Another tactic that worked well was to throw them over an obstacle (your unit in safety) then throw some grenades. You would hit the enemy very precisely as it doesn't move :)

And if thrown by several people at once you can cover a small area fully and stop the usual Chomper-Run-Attack.

It was fun to test those tactics and to learn something.

Btw, the TNT is the most "stylish" way to destroy those important objects you have to destroy here and there. :laugh:

And i found another very useful tactic for it, too : As it has a huge damage value it will often kill units behind walls when it explodes. The ordinary grenade can be used to destroy walls, too, but it hasn't enough "punch" left to kill the aliens behind it.

And of course you can lay it in the path of an alien walking through a small corridor towards you, the timing isn't as crucial here as with my non-working flare-tactic, it's much easier to deploy in that case.

The stun-TNT-method only works with the longer-duration-stunners like the stungun or the flashbang.

So: The new flare is an interesting weapon, which has it's strenghts and it's weaknesses, only the right combination of tactics and weapon will be succesful. I like that, as it brings lots of variety into the game :)

Cool!

You have to let us know when you and BlackAlmaz get the version of the ComboMod uploaded that has the new flare in it. We'll definitely have to give it a try.

Thank you for the neat ideas. Hopefully, Altar will borrow some of your ideas and include them in Aftershock as well.

If not we can mod UFOAS as well :) Oh and i can't tell you when BA uploads the new mod, i'm only delivering some ideas to him, he is the only one with the file. I edited the v2mod on my PC to test this new weapon. I don't have the new one yet...

BA, i'm really nervous about the new Magnum, i want to do some "Dirty Harry" quotes to that aliens and i got to have a nice model for it to do so :laugh:

My old 56K dialup internet service provider usually had a time limit for inactivity, or even a download limit. Once you hit the limit, they just automatically disconnect you. It seemed like 30 minutes or 10Meg were the original download limits, and then they would disconnect you. Over time, they upped the limits. Towards the end there, it looked as if they gave you 12 hours before disconnecting you and the download limit was 150 Meg. You hit a 150 meg downloaded, and they just sever the connection. Anyway, for downloads, it made GetRight an essential piece of software, because GetRight will restart the download where you left off, which doesn't help for uploads, of course.

Back when my ISP was disconnecting only after 30 minutes of inactivity, you had to go in and load some web page onto a separate screen, any web page would do, just to show that there was activity and that the connection hadn't been abandoned, so that the 30 minute limit would be reset to another thirty minutes. A three hour download would require at least 6 visits to the computer spaced approximately 25 minutes apart. A real pain, until I got GetRight.

If your ISP has a 3 hour inactivity limit, then doing something like loading a web page during the middle of the limit might extend the expiration time until the upload is completed. If the ISP has a 25 meg limit, then you are sunk. One of these days, we'll be looking at 1 Gig uploads and download, and then once again even DSL will suck, and 56K will be just plain undoable and unacceptable and be abandoned as impractical.

well the last mod was 26mb....tis one is just bit bigger....i guess i'll try again

but it hink i stufed the upload up by deciding to play metalslug 3...wich might have slowed the computer down enought to lower the transfer rate to a crawel and disconcet..i'll leave it ove night and ee what happens