16 replies to this topic

#1 Loonie

Loonie

Lieutenant And Leader Of The X-Com Genesis Sim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:42 PM

Okay! Things are as such. I'm pretty much ready to return with XCGS, BUT the problem has recently arisen due to me also being part of a rocker band. And this rocker band happens to play every saturday for the next 4 WEEKS!!

So obviously a return to XCGS at this point, or quite likely also in the future, is very hard for me if I don't show up at the sims. :) Unless of course we schedule for a different sim time. So this is a poll that asks wether or not you could make it on sundays at the same time - 19:00 GMT. Really, I want to know how hard it would be for you to have sims on Sundays instead of Saturdays.

Votey votey pleasey! :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur
Lieutenant and former CO of Alpha Squad
Reason: A mind-controlled Commander and a whiny outlook on life in general.

#2 Zager

Zager

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:56 PM

Now that I'm a member of XCAS, it's quite impossible for me to sim XCGS on Sunday.

#3 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

Damn...that I forgot to mention. :)

DH and I are discussing about swapping the XCAS and XCGS times. So the thing is that any of you who are a part of XCAS try to think that factor away. IF XCAS changed ITS time to Saturday and XCGS changed it to Sunday, THEN would you have any problem.

Me thanks you for bearing with my forgetfulness in advance. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur

#4 DragonHawk

DragonHawk

XCAS Inquisitor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:50 PM

Just in case people are wondering, he HAS asked me, and we are discussing it.  There are a number of advantages for XCAS to be shifted to Saturday on a more permanent basis - both Ghost and Strong_Bob cannot make Sundays.  However, I'd have to check with my players as well, to see what they think.

As another suggestion, XCGS (and XCAS, for that matter) could just change to a different time, earlier on Saturday, for example.
Lance Corporal Derrick "DragonHawk" Ko
Combat Engineer, Kappa Team
X-Com Alliance Sim

#5 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:09 PM

That may be possible too on my end, but we'll see. Just so as everyone knows we'll be discussing all of this on this week and next week we'll get back to your regularly scheduled roleplay and simming. So make sure your voice is heard this week on this issue. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur

#6 Strong Bob

Strong Bob

Sailor Jupiter is hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:06 PM

I can make sundays. Occasionaly work may step in, cause I have a part-time job.
Strong Bob's random Star Trek quote of the year:

*Scans rock* "It's dead, Jim." - McCoy

"Very funny, Bones." - Kirk

#7 Zager

Zager

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 04:09 AM

Hmm, XCAS on Saturday and XCGS on Sunday? Nope, I can't see it. That just wouldn't work at all. :)

Seriously, though, if that's the case, switch my vote around in favor of the idea.

#8 NickAragua

NickAragua

Near Lake Titikaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:52 AM

I'm in favor of switching to sundays, but my attendance would wind up being just about as spotty as with saturdays, since I'm very often away from the internet on weekends (at least in the middle of the day, I am). I think I've been on the computer about two or three saturdays in the last two months, just to put it in perspective. The point is don't schedule around me, I'll show up if I can. :)

#9 greghannibal

greghannibal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 03:10 AM

Eh, it would depend on what time of day we're talking about.

#10 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:52 AM

Yes, you see, THAT has recently also seemed to turn up as a problem for me since my school has now decided to assign me some dance classes on the sunday and I STILL don't know at what time!  :)

Try to think of the time as the default 19:00 GMT for now, though don't swear by it since we might alter that later on. But for now just think of it like that. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur

#11 Ion Mage

Ion Mage

Summoner of Ion Cannons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 05:55 PM

I'm in favor of the switch to sundays.  As it stands, I sim right after having karate lessons, and I have to RUSH home to make it!
Magic and technology combined....

#12 ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

Veteran Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:57 PM

I'm in favour of the day swapping between XCAS and XCGS. :) However, if the sim time also changes, I'd have to think about it more thoroughly.
Proud veteran of the X-COM Alliance Sim
[ JG-7X3 ]

#13 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:30 AM

Very well then. I'll be around #XCGS tommorow at 19:00 GMT. I hope you still have time to see this, but in any event I'll be there with a practice sim in mind. Show up if you can. It'd be good to see how many of us can manage to come to the sim tommorow at that time so...try to show up please. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur

#14 DragonHawk

DragonHawk

XCAS Inquisitor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:45 PM

For the XCAS guys watching this thread, I believe Loonie and I have agreed to a temporary switch for the next little while, to try it out.  I would not promise a permanent switch as of yet - let us see where this is going to go.
Lance Corporal Derrick "DragonHawk" Ko
Combat Engineer, Kappa Team
X-Com Alliance Sim

#15 Strong Bob

Strong Bob

Sailor Jupiter is hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:27 AM

Just for the record here (I will post this on the XCAS board as well, just to make sure it's known.) I am now 100% certain I can NOT make sundays anymore. I requested better working hours at my job and they decided to use the weekend as a primary time filler. I convinced them to not touch Saturday, but it's also the same day I hold my weekly Pen and Paper roleplaying.

However, the chances of each roleplaying game actually occuring is about 50% each week. Being that the most critical member has an "On the Go" schedule, where I am left unaware whether or not plans are a go until Saturday morning. (Or even friday night. But since I'm working on Friday nights now... I can't account for even that.)

So yeah. I can certainly make roleplays, but it looks like I may have to move Scott into a position where he's not active during sim. And maybe I'll use Xigs on the occasions when I actually DO sim. (Or I may make yet another character to use instead... The thought of doing the rest of my sims from here on out as a total coward is not that attractive.)

All in all, I'll still do whatever I can for XCAS. But weekends are no longer reliable for me. Leave me out of consideration if you choose to change times permanently. :)
Strong Bob's random Star Trek quote of the year:

*Scans rock* "It's dead, Jim." - McCoy

"Very funny, Bones." - Kirk

#16 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:32 AM

Allrighty. In that case things stand as they are. I'll be online each Sunday at 19:00 GMT anyway in #XCGS. When we do finally run our practice sim we then proceed with the story on the next weekend. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur

#17 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:52 PM

*BUMP* Heh...

Tommorow at 19:00 GMT practice sim. I would've made it an official one had my ordinary computer not been shot to shit. But this time I have something planned out in my head...for a change. :) So try to make it people. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users