#21 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:35 PM

Posted Image
Our lance moves through the forests while that light moves into the edge of the lake.

Posted Image
The Catapult hangs back with his Hunchback bodyguard.

Posted Image
The Catapult begins raining down LRMs, 10 of which hit our Hunchback.

Posted Image
Right leg, center torso.

Posted Image
Our lance gets into heavy woods, making them harder to hit. That light is still approaching...for some reason.

Posted Image
The Catapult also comes into the water...Likely to assist it cooling down.

Posted Image
Our Hunchback fires a barrage of medium lasers. 2 hit!

Posted Image
"Headshot!"

The Comstar loaner mech scans the new light. It's in their databases as a "Raven", apparently a new scout unit they are fielding.

Posted Image
The Raven returns fire. Nearly everything it's got hits!

Posted Image
She packs a punch with that SRM6, but all the damage is scattered across our mech.

Posted Image
The Crab fires and blows the left arm off, but nothing important is there so it's still go all its weapons!

Posted Image
"Incoming!"

2 more flights of LRMs hit our Hunchback in the right torso and arm.

Posted Image
Our Urbie fires off everything, and everything misses!

We pick up comms chatter as the Raven retreats to regroup with his buddies.
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."
-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

#22 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image
The enemy Hunchback approaches to bail out the Raven while the Catapult rains down LRM fire on us.

Posted Image
All 3 of our mechs focus on the Hunchback trying to bring him down. Our shots scatter peppering the target.

Posted Image
The Catapult targets our Urbie, 1 flight of missiles hit. An AC/20 round screams past the Crab but misses!

Posted Image
Our Urbie fires on the Hunchback, all shots connecting, blowing the left arm off!

Posted Image
The Hunchback targets the Crab again. This time, the AC/20 doesn't miss. In fact, it's a critical hit. The round finds a weak point in the armor and completely blows out the right torso, and a cascade of explosions blow out the reactor.

Posted Image
Our pilot ejects as the mech unleashes a hail of lasers!

Posted Image
The wreckage of the Crab drops to the ground in a heap.
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."

#23 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:48 AM

I feel like I was in the middle of giant mech battle, which I stumbled into completely by mistake - I don't understand anything but there are explosions and twisting metal everywhere I look! AAAAAA!

I see the terrain has value, too. What of a factor do levels play?

#24 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

Levels you can hide behind, think it's +1 for a level 1 cliff in front of you. Higher and you'd be invisible. Same goes with standing in level 1 water. Level 2 or more makes you invisible. In my case my guys were in heavy woods on a cliff overlooking people behind trees. So basically I could shoot over the trees, but that Catapult still had to deal with my +2 from actually being in the forest and not just being behind them. Which would give it only a +1 on the LRM for indirect fire. Would have been better for me to hide from that Hunchback though, since it had an AC/20 that was hitting me in heavy woods and all.. :P

#25 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:54 AM

Posted Image
An 8 and a 9...just enough to hit...f**k! The right torso and most of the center are blown out. The right arm flies off since the torso is shot out. And since we're in a Hunchback, 7/8 of our firepower is gone after this turn...

Posted Image
Well we needed a 9 in that pile of dice.. NONE HIT! So we're down to that one medium laser on the left arm. The rest is gone!

Posted Image
The Raven opens up on us as well smelling blood in the water and gets us down to 2 armor bubbles.

Posted Image
The Catapult also gets lucky and actually lands all 30 LRMs on us. One flight of missiles hits the center torso and finishes us off.

Posted Image
"We need evac!"

Posted Image
Our Urbanmech runs off the table at flank speed! We're not going to win this battle. As good as an Urbie is and all, this fight just isn't winnable! He turns to the left extending the arm back and firing his lasers, they miss every time!

Posted Image
This shows the main advantage of the AC/20 version of the Hunchback compared to our 8x medium laser version. That 20 is going to hit one part and not scatter like our cluster of 6 lasers that replace it. Even though we could in theory make 10 more damage a turn, it's scattered around more.

Posted Image
We did light damage to the Raven, and a great deal to the Hunchback, but we basically hit it everywhere but the right torso that we needed to put her down.

Posted Image
The Catapult and transport we were tasked with taking out took no damage at all. We really need to steal some fire support platforms, our laser boats suck for this! Next time we should have that Toro repaired and back in the fight for the Concordat!

#26 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:37 PM

Recap:

Urbanmech UM-R60M (Nominal)
Hunchback HBK-4P (Destroyed)
Crab CRB-20 (Salvaged by Capellans)
Hunchback HBK-4G (Heavy Damage)
Raven RVN-3X (Nominal)
Catapult CPLT-C1 (Nominal)

Our Urbanmech is the sole survivor. Our pilot is retreating back to base to regroup with the repaired Griffin and Toro. Maybe they can scrounge together some vehicles to deal with the inevitable counterattack.

#27 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 11:25 PM

Posted Image
"Mayday mayday! I'm moving at flank speed. My 'mech's pretty shot up and I have Capellans in pursuit. Repeat: Capellans are in pursuit!"

Posted Image
Our Urbanmech survived the last battle, but he's being followed by the surviving Capellan mechs. The Hunchback is shot to hell, the Raven has light damage and the Catapult is totally fresh.

Posted Image
"Roger. We're sending up reinforcements to intercept them. Bottleneck them in the hills north of base."

Posted Image
"Affirmative. Taking the hills!"

#28 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image
Our Toro crests the hill and fires, connecting with all its weapons!

Posted Image
His Catapult fried retaliates with some missiles!

Posted Image
Our forces get all posted up behind the hill and are preparing to fire on the approaching enemy mechs!

#29 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,062 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:12 AM

"There's no turning back... Triumph or oblivion." - Ramus Macabee, Titan: God-Machine (graphic novel)

*awaits with bated breath for the pronouncement of the mecha RNG gods*

#30 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, I'm on the ropes with this campaign. That last battle with the transport attack went totally pear shaped, now I'm doing a fighting retreat :P

#31 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:17 AM

Posted Image
The Hunchback and Catapult close on our position while the Raven moves through the hills to the east

Posted Image
The Hunchback is within the minimum range of our Toro's LRMs, but he's exactly at the minimum for the PPC, so we fire! We completely blow off the right arm and nearly take out the torso. It's a miracle this thing is still in the fight. Hunchbacks are not supposed to be this tough!!

Posted Image
The Catapult rains in on us with LRMs, 15 hit!

Posted Image
Our Toro backs away since the Hunchback is now within his minimum range. This puts him down behind the hill so one of the Urbanmechs comes up to the ridge to try and get the kill shot on him. The Catapult moves to get into a better position so he can fire both the lasers and the LRMs. The Raven parks in the woods at medium range.

#32 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image
"F&$%! That Capellan bastard just legged me, Commander!"

Posted Image
We hear Chinese curses being screamed over the comm as our Urbanmech takes out the Hunchback.

Posted Image
Unfortunately, the Hunchback takes down a 3rd victim. Our Urbie has been 1 shotted through the right torso!

Posted Image
Fair trade really, since the Urbie costs around 1/3 the price. But that Hunchback was already crippled and the Urbie was totally fresh...

Our Toro and surviving Urbanmech are now hunkered down behind the hill where the Catapult can't fire on them directly. Now it's time to try and take out that little bastard on the other side of the lake!

#33 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:22 AM

Posted Image
MISS! Needed 10's for that, got all 2's!

Posted Image
Our mechs get behind better cover to keep that Catapult from firing on them. The Raven does the same and hides behind several layers of trees. All the indirect fired LRMs manage to miss.

Posted Image
Suddenly the Catapult takes a leap to the top of the cliff over our Toro trying to shoot him in the back. Luckily, we got initiative this round, and got to move last...we run around behind the Catapult. We can't get beyond our minimum range, but at least those 4 medium lasers can't fire on us! Our Urbanmech moves back behind the cliff.

Posted Image
We win initiative again, this time the Catapult moves back where it was and we go back to the other side of the hill to fire on the Raven. Our Urabnmech pilot is clearly on speed, cause he manages to get a critical hit. Now to see where...

Posted Image
Left leg...which cascades into the left torso, then center torso because this bastard is totally blown out from earlier. More screams come in over our comms as a rocket fires and the pilot streaks into the sky.

Posted Image
So much for those improved Capellan sensors...His whole alpha strike misses our Urbie. Now we set our sights on that damned Catapult that's been steadily raining missiles on us!

#34 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:12 AM

So many legs being blown by the cubes... Reminds me of Terrahawks! Damn, that took some Googling, I only knew the series by the Slovenian name and "cubes versus balls" didn't bring much. :D

#35 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:09 PM

This universe also had a tv show, but it was so bad that they officially retconned it into being an in-universe propaganda piece that somehow got onto our tv screens.

#36 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:26 AM

HE HE HE, improvisation in action!

#37 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:07 AM

Posted Image
Bastard! Blew off the 2 medium lasers that our modded Urbie has on the left arm!

Posted Image
Our mechs wade out into the lake as the Catapult backs away. Our Toro connects with his PPC and an LRM-5.

Posted Image
The Catapult returns fire with EVERYTHING....It all misses!

Posted Image
More backpedaling from the Catapult with the Urbanmech trying to stay in range leads to our mech eating 15 LRMs and losing its other arm. This time it loses the main gun! At least the Urbie and Toro manage to blow off one of the Cat's LRM-15s!

Posted Image
The Catapult changes targets to the Toro since the Urbie is no longer a threat. It fires all 4 medium lasers and it's 15 remaining LRMs. All miss.

Posted Image
With initiative not being favorable, everyone ends up running away to try and engage from range. It's critical that we try to keep the Catapult's medium lasers at a disadvantage while we fire LRMs and our PPC against it.

Posted Image
"Oh f@^&!"

Posted Image
"EJECTING!!!!!!!!"

Posted Image
The Catapult is lightly damaged, but has about 1/3 of it's firepower blown off. He's now proceeding to chase down the Urbanmech that made a break for it a couple of turns ago.

Posted Image
He catches up rather quickly, being roughly double the speed. 3 medium lasers cut through the left torso and blow out the CT. Our pilot radios back to base as he glides down on a parachute that the enemy is still on the move, but greatly delayed.

#38 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:21 AM

Recap:

Urbanmech UM-R60M (Destroyed)
Toro TR-A-6 (Destroyed)
Urbanmech UM-R60 (Salvaged by Capellans)
Urbanmech UM-R60 (Salvaged by Capellans)
Hunchback HBK-4G (Destroyed)
Raven RVN-3X (Salvaged by Capellans)
Catapult CPLT-C1 (Light Damage)

#39 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 04:04 AM

Posted Image
We've delayed the Capellan advance long enough to get reinforcements. The Griffin has been patched back up and an Awesome and Catapult have been moved forward to defend our base.

Posted Image
Unfortunately, so have the Capellans! Our old Crab has been repaired, and an Urbanmech and Battlemaster have joined the Catapult as it moved toward our base.

Posted Image
The Cappies are rushing us because we have better ranged weapons than them. We get initiative this turn so we get to move last and exploit any mistakes they make. Mistakes such as running the Crab out in the open!

Posted Image
We move into a well fortified position that doesn't limit our firing. All those blue dice? PPCs...Awesomes are well...awesome!

Posted Image
"Focus fire on the Crab!" The Griffin connects with 3 medium lasers. ALL hitting the center torso.

Posted Image
"Roger! Firing on Crab!" The Awesome hits with 2 PPCs. Unfortunately, the damage as spread between the right torso and left leg.

Posted Image
"Die, thief!" Our Catapult hits with one 5 LRM cluster that blows the center torso.

Posted Image
The pilot ejects from the burning mech. Both large lasers fire wide!

#40 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:59 AM

Cola, huh... Cleverly placed to seem as in use... We know there's beer in the hiding. Just post a pic already. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users