Take Two!

Thorondor

You've called?

My thoughts: The game is good. I wouldn't say it's a fresh take. I believe there were games that already had similar system of action movement. The characters are great (when it comes to skills), love every one I've been playing right now. However most of them are a little assholes. Do note that you can have I believe up to 8 agents, while the entire rooster is like 10-12 agents. Some would say, it might be repetitive, because each mission is sort of breach and clear. You have to dose your reseources, because you can have multiple encounters per mission. One thing I don't like about the encounter beginning, is that you don't know what to expect. You can see how many enemies will be visible in the breach enterance, but you don't know how many enemies will be affected by the for example breach grenade that will holo target or disorient enemies.

The encounters by itself can be finished within 10 minutes and that includes impossible difficulty, so it would be perfect for you SV, considering that the game itself is far more simplistic than the campaigns of XCOM and XCOM2.

At the current 50% discount I think it's a no brain buy.

You've called?

My thoughts: The game is good. I wouldn't say it's a fresh take. I believe there were games that already had similar system of action movement. The characters are great (when it comes to skills), love every one I've been playing right now. However most of them are a little assholes. Do note that you can have I believe up to 8 agents, while the entire rooster is like 10-12 agents. Some would say, it might be repetitive, because each mission is sort of breach and clear. You have to dose your reseources, because you can have multiple encounters per mission. One thing I don't like about the encounter beginning, is that you don't know what to expect. You can see how many enemies will be visible in the breach enterance, but you don't know how many enemies will be affected by the for example breach grenade that will holo target or disorient enemies.

The encounters by itself can be finished within 10 minutes and that includes impossible difficulty, so it would be perfect for you SV, considering that the game itself is far more simplistic than the campaigns of XCOM and XCOM2.

At the current 50% discount I think it's a no brain buy.

Thanks, Silencer! While 75% is not my ultimate target at all times - least with XCOMs - I won't be buying it just yet, mostly because I still have XCOM2 to play. WIth a multitude of other games, naturally.

Just played through Will of the Wisps, Savage Vessels and Doom (2016), with Metro Exodus in the works. Elite always lurking but I'm pretty fed up with it lately. So you can see that my game spectre is pretty broad, yet no strategies lately. I want to plug out when playing, not complicate my life even further. grin.gif

EDIT: Also, reading your AARs made me feel completely incompetent, which is devastating after decades of gaming experience. ;)

3 Questions and a statement.

número uno - Does anyone know if Jake Solomon was/is involved in the production of XCOM Chimera Squad?

número dos - Has anyone noticed any patches since the release of the game? If, so what fixes?

número tres - Can we please NOW all agree that XCOM 2 is in fact a moderate bastardization of X-COM Apocalypse story line?

I read a review lately that said this game is the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon version of XCOM 2.

( - n0x -)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...