Corporate support?

Kickalienass

Do any of the companies who created the X-com games still suport them? Specificly I am having problems with Apocalypse sound- I've tried some solutions on this site but I am only getting lockups every time I try to use the sound. SO I was wondering if Microprose or Mythos would offer solutions that havn't been tried before....maybe we could petition for a patch. At anyrate any help would be helpful.

Corporate support? Not that I know of. I dunno if Infogrames supports the Hasbro/Microprose legacy products.

Before we can answer tech support questions, a few questions for you...

What's your computer (processor/memory/etc)?

What's you sound card?

What's your operating system?

You're not likely to find ANY corporate support any more. Microprose seems to be part of Infogrames now and Hasbro bought the rights to X-COM and then Infogrames bought out Hasbro and now Firaxis have ended up with all of the old Microprose title rights, but that doesn't mean they'll support a game they didn't create ;)

Therefore, ask away and pray :D

Well my processor is a 1.2 or 1.4 gig AMD Athlon in a Asus A7A266 mother board. It has 768 sd ram and. I'm using Creative SB Live! sound card and a Voodoo 5500. And the os is Win ME. I only have the vaguest notion of what this all means :D Is there anything else you would have to know? I REALLY liked Apoc and if you could help me get it work again I would be MOST happy.

The thing that irks me is that it USED to work. I just don't remember when or what my computer was like when it did. I've used ME for as long as I can remember and the only things about my computer I remember changing are the processor, motherboard, sound card, and ram. I THINK the rest were the same since it worked last. I tired to play it without sound...man it just isn't the same. At any rate if it IS the os I cold probably partition the hard drive. Thanks for the attention to this matter.