UFO:Aftershock E3 trailer and screenshots!

Slaughter

E3 trailer:

The E3 trailer we have been waiting for is here! At 1 minute 17 seconds and 9.51 MB it is fairly small, but very intense! It will take you trough gameplay, base management, research and cutscenes. This is the first time we see gameplay footage from UFO:Aftershock, so hurry up and download it from our files section! Remember that you will need the DivX codec installed to watch this trailer.

E3 screenshots:

In addition to the very intense trailer above, we have 25 new screenshots to offer you! They cover most areas of the game, from base management to combat. Head over to our brand new screenshots section now! If you wish to browse the screenshots on your harddrive instead, you can download them in one neat ZIP file here.

ufo_01.jpgufo_10.jpgufo_11.jpg

ufo_12.jpg

Correctomundo, Olav...

::

Here's what I get:

Error:

No refering URL was found. The admin has chosen not to allow downloads from users with no refering urls. This is usually because you are using a firewall that blocks this URL. Disabling or closing your firewall will often solve this problem and allow you to download files.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Back

... and an 'X' icon to the left of the message. :cool:

That is very strange! I tried to log out of everything, and I still have no problem downloading it. Can anyone confirm this? (could you try some of the other files to check that it's not your connection that is the problem Thor?)

I can get all the screenshots OK, but I can't seem to be able to download other files such as the Aftermath mods. Tried making the download from a laptop, though, and it didn't pan out either... :cool:

It's still possible that it's something on my end only, though, so you should be Ok.

p.s.: *cough* could 'ya possibly send me the file via e-mail ? :) Sorry to bother you, but I'm not gonna be able to get any work done until I get this out of my system... ;)

Downloading now.  I don't seem to be having any problems, unless living in the one part of Europe without broadband counts :cool:

Edit: and having WinZip telling me that it doesn't regognize the screenshots file as a Zip archive and telling me to redownload it...

Really? I just downloaded the screens at home to test after you wrote that, and I extracted them fine with WinAce...

Blimey! Lots of problems getting a hold of files! I'll try and check this all out when I get a min.

It's possible that the trouble downloading could be due to a Firewall or some such software such as ZoneAlarm...

What programmes do you have that load up when you turn on your machine Thorondor? I may be able to point out the culprit as simply as that ;)

As for Winzip, it can be very temperamental at times (and so can I as I've probably spelled that wrong). I recommend Power Archiver as it's just all round better in my opinion and supports a tonne of extra compression formats.

"What programmes do you have that load up when you turn on your machine Thorondor ?"

As far as I can tell Norton Internet Security / Norton Antivirus are the only ones at startup with possible Internet tendrils, Pete.

I don't have any download managers or extraneous firewall stuff beyond that...

The latest UFO: Aftershock screenshots and the E3 trailer are now up at Cenega's  UFO: AS page.

:)

Nice! And that trailer is longer, showing more gameplay! ;) Think this deserves it's own post with a few screens this time :)

@Pete: Funny thing - I compressed it to zip using Power Archiver, and that messed up the zip files. They worked, but were not recognized as proper zip files. I've done it again and uploaded new versions that work.