Ion Armor

Psy Guy

Im now in year 2 and have most everything researched but still no Ion Armor. I researched all of the important craft items, aqua plastic armor, deep one body, deep one interogation, got all the therm lances. My researchers are left with only base defenses, heavy gauss tech, some squad leaders, techs, medics, and soldiers interogations. Also haven't been able to get new subs to research. If somebody knows how to get Ion Armor please tell me.

Most likely you've came up with the Technology bug. I don't remember how it works but there's some aliens that you can't research until you have a certain item or the research gets stuck. There's a post about this somewhere. The solution is either restarting the game or using an editor to give you that missing piece of technology.

• 1 month later...

According to that guide NKF posted, depending on your version of the game, you either need Deep Ones (both dead and alive, usually found on Gillman land missions) for magnetic navigation, or a Lobsterman navigator (easily found in underwater bases).

What do you mean, sample? Proper grammer makes all the difference. I think the answer might be, having a smaple measn you have obtained a specific thing, for example, you have a sample of the sonic rifle, if you have managed to capture a sonic rifle.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Well, research availability of Magnetic Navigation depends on the version. Versions prior to the v2 patch needed a lobsterman navigator. Version 2.0 and 2.0ce should let you research the moment you get one.

- NKF