Modded Game 'Out of Range!'

Mortimer

I'm playing through a game of X-Com that I've tinkered with ... one thing has cropped up that never appeared in the original game ... certain soldiers cannot throw things, even a square in front of them because it is 'Out of Range' ... this makes night missions even more of a pain without being able to throw flares ... my grenadiers are only useful half the time ... is there anyway to fix or avoid causing this bug?

What are the strength levels of the soldiers you're using? And have you altered any of the weights of the grenades you're throwing?

- NKF

I believe I have altered the weight of grenades down ... most of the soldiers in question are now in the 35+ strength.

The grenade weights are rather finely balanced. If they are altered to be too light, then the throwing arc gets much higher and they will start hitting the invisible 'ceiling' in the sky, and trying to throw under overhangs like the Skyranger wing gets very difficult. That's why the game stops and says it can't throw. It gets much more noticeable with strong soldiers with strengths between 35 ~ 70, as they tend to throw higher into the air.

- NKF