TFTD Multiplayer Story

Grossbeer

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for you CP. I see that only you are interested in dye grenades (smokes). If I remember right, vanila dyes had power of 10(?) and were utterly useless. Are you using dye enchancement from xcom util ?

No, but I installed *all* the patches from the files section, including the USO fix, USO Routes fix, Interception Screen fix and Dye Grenade Fix... I assumed everyone else did when I read this post.

Although I didn't specify, I was referring to official patches there. Not that I care whether anyone's using upgraded dye grenades... Personally I don't bother with smoke in either game - in fact, when I sent out team Fireworks in the UFO campaign, I got the distinct impression aliens could see through the stuff better then my guys can (though I haven't done any specific trails comparing them).

In terms of decent MC units, we have:

Base 1:

Uma Hand

Munty

Yuri Gakanovitch

Lyudmila L

Gerhard Gunkel

Base 2:

Jason King

Marti Alcala

Mickey Tarantino

Max Remington

I vote we merge 'em all into the first base, fire everyone with a bad score (including our Captain), and start training these guys in earnest. Would be silly to bring vulnerable units to T'leth, and we're nearly there.

Jade is still an unknown as far as MC goes. silencer, not sure what you want to do if it turns out she's a dud; we could perhaps cheat for the sake of narrative, or she could have a sudden identity change, or... we could just bring her along anyways. :P

I'll take my turn tomorrow. I think we will indeed move the deathsquad to HQ. I'll change their stat marks with medals so they stand out better amongst the crew.

Since we're not going to be using them much from now on, the weak MC veterans will be as good as if they'd been killed in battle. Safest solution is to just send them as base garrison for some of the outposts.

- NKF

I can think of better ways to spend our time and money personally... Why make another base just to put the crap soldiers there? May as well not bother with the base and just lay them all off. If the base was ever attacked then they'd be immediately overwhelmed by psionic attacks and at this point we really don't NEED any more interceptor bases or listening posts so what possible benefit could a base full of useless soldiers be?

In EU we have 4 bases and each will have soldiers, so for what we will use that 22mln $ ?

On the onther note - strangely that Activity site gives more Aqua plastics than colony... oh well at least we have that covered.

Jade is still an unknown as far as MC goes. silencer, not sure what you want to do if it turns out she's a dud; we could perhaps cheat for the sake of narrative, or she could have a sudden identity change, or... we could just bring her along anyways. :P

She is a failure in the MC now :) I have thougth about it - it is only the first mission that MC is involved and I think that it won't be a disaster - we know that in the end all will die in the T'Leth explosion so she will either die earlier or with the rest. Or if everyone else agrees she can be switched withe Uta (the wounded one who has 90+ MC strength).

I was thinking of mixing them in the existing outposts to add their experience to the mix. Given most of the outpost garrisons aren't exactly going to be manned by MC lab graduates. May as well have a few guys we know aren't reliable in an MC battle to - ah - soften up the opposition. But considering we all do very well with absolute recruits, I guess it hardly matters now.

I'll start sacking (after removing their armour, of course!) the really low MC Strength aquanauts and get some fresh troops to put in to training next month. Definitely those under 50 will be cut, but what's a good cut-off point for those we keep? 60+? 70+? Even moderate MC Strength will do once buffed with enough MC Skill.

By the way silence_pl: the blasta rifles and sonic pistols are still useful. I feel we've mainly been getting into the habit of using the all cannons because of the Lobstermen. I've actually been waiting for someone with stats like Munty's to show up before seriously making use of the sonic pistols again.

- NKF

edit: Actually there weren't that many veterans that I've marked for the sack. Just 2 -3 long time survivors, one of them sadly being one of the Louis I used to use a lot.

I guess we've rather given up waiting for Grossbeer's go for now as he hasn't been on in some time. I think that makes it my turn again (even with the hiccup I had last time!) so I'll get it done soon, maybe today, maybe another day :P We'll see, it'll be a nice surprise for you lot lol

EDIT : Does Alien Activity count as a Terror mission? Because if it doesn't we're WAY overdue for one!

Yes, artefact sites do count as terror. We may still get another this month, though.

silencer, you've changed my mind on the MC stat issue - I think your last mission there has shown it won't be an issue who we bring; that was domination! :P

As were the next two missions. No loses on our side for quite a while now! :)

However, erm, we have a problem. Vet just finished research on "The Ultimate Threat"... Which I also finished over a round ago...

Checking the save games, I see that the last save game to have this flagged as "complete" is my own, meaning they got mixed up just before silencer did her last mission (I was wondering why the end of the month came so quickly, it was only just starting in my turn...).

I've worked out what happened... Partly. I included a save from over a month ago inside the save folder I passed to silencer, who extracted ONLY this older GAME_1 folder inside the GAME_1 folder already present in her install.

Hence the actual save that got loaded was neither of the ones I passed on, but rather the save from the end of the last mission silencer posted... Beats me how she managed that, but then, it beats me as to how I got the older save in there! :P

No, seriously, I have no idea how that older save got in my package. :) It's from the end of this mission here, something I'm fairly sure I've never even downloaded. Hope I'm not going senile or something. :)

...in her install.

Ekhm - its HIM :P

What happend is that on 3rd may you had a end month report that USA has signed a pact and now Ihave the same report. Which means someone (finger pointed at BB) uploaded old save after I assaulted the colony. I don't know who would do such a thing to insert a save in a save.

lol, yes it's very confusing :P And I had a feeling you carried boy parts with you. Not sure when the gender change was introduced :)

Wait I just checked and I still don't get what's happened here... In NKF's battleship mission he says he started research on the Leviathan so obviously between then and now something has gone wrong but I don't see where or when. How can it be Silencer's mission that messed it up? And how could BB have sent over a save that was old? At what point in the playthrough did we break the continuity and by how mcuh?

Wait a minute, I see now... the dates on some of the screenshots give it away... We have NKF's battleship mission when the research completes for the first time. Then Crazy Photon does anotehr USO mission and BB follows suit after which he states Munty can now do 3 MC attacks per turn! (Note that in my last mission I query the fact that I can still only do 2 a turn!) So that's where it all goes wrong as BB has uploaded a save game inside a savegame lol We lost about 5 days and have done 3 missions since, an Activity site and 2 cruisers. The new save we used (or rather the old one) takes us back to late July so we lose about a week which means we now have to decide which timeline to take...

Just looking back further in the playthrough to see which missions we did the first time round from this save and I'm now confused again. It's NKF's battleship post that mentions the new research into the Leviathan and T'Leth but the Ultimate Threat actually completed one post prior to that with BombBloke. I guess I forgot there was a Commander to interrogate between finishing one and starting the next (which is silly really as I just did the same thing myself!) So that means we actually go back even further than I though if we carry on with the old saved game.

To conclude, the first time we played through from this saved game (that BB just gave Silencer lol) we did the following;

Me - Cruiser

BB - Cruiser

NKF - Dreadnought

Photon - USO

BB - Hunter

This time round we've done this;

Silencer - Artefact Site

NKF - Cruiser

Me - Cruiser

Now this is just me but I say we scrap the last 3 missions and start over again with Silencer doing his mission again from the correct save file. We'll only be losing out on the alien activity mission as the 2 cruisers we've done have also been done on the last playthough but they've also been followed up by a Dreadnought and 2 more USOs. It also means, the original playthrough is due a terror mission anyway so for all we know that same mission could pop up for Silencer again this time round.

As there are only 3 missions so far and one of them is mine I'm voting for delete and start over. All we need to go ahead with that is for NKF and Silencer to agree. Otherwise we need BB, NKF and Crazy Photon to opt for deleting the other 5 missions compared to these 3. I think it goes without saying that the former is the way to go and much as it's a shame to have played those missions for nothing we don't actually NEED to remove them. They can stay and just be edited as big quotes or spoilers so that anyone reading knows they didn't actually happen in the grand scheme of things.

I'd advise that for now, Silencer get's hold of the right save from BBs file (should be August 7th or similar) and plays the next mission then uploads that so we can get back on track. All in favour?