TFTD Multiplayer Story

Grossbeer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mission. Good point about the lack of Zrbite. Since there's a new colony just nearby, I propose we leave it be for a while and maybe pirate a few of the fleet supply cruisers just in case we don't manage to catch a few easy marks in the mean time.

By the way, with the T'Leth research underway, the Leviathan's just around the corner. We're nearly at the end.

Are there bases that still don't have any interceptor subs yet? We'll need to kick one Barracuda (or perhaps even the Trtiton) out of HQ's sub pens to make room for the Leviathan's construction.

- NKF

Good level man, and I agree, I rule lol What awesome stats my little guy is getting! And it's nice to see Jade up to Commander so fast too! Nice that I'm not alone now as a high-ranked avatar :P

I think we agreed on no MC right from the start didn't we? Or at least only when in LoS or something like that... We certainly agreed on a limit of disrupters which is why most of the time I'm the only guy that has one.

Personally for the continuation of the game I think it's a bit crap to NOT use MC as it's a good feature if not mercilessly exploited. I thought the way I used it in my last mission made it useful but not unfair as it allowed me to disarm an alien and scout the lobby to the vessel with no risk to my own troops. After that though I decided it was enough or I could've quite easily cleared out the entire vessel using just the tank and my avatar's MC. Add to that the fact that the aliens used MC on Carlos to kill Jaime and realistically they're cheating by not following our rules anyway so why not join in the fun?

I think it's fine when used as part of the story, like in mine I decided no more as the death of the traitor made the other Tasoth's firm up too much for Munty to break them. :) Anyway I think it's fine to use it within reason, but we can't remove all of the risk and tension from the game as then it's not only no fun to play, it's no fun to read either...

I believe it was just the 1 MC Disrupter restriction we all agreed on, not that attacks as such. So what we choose to use is discretionary. I say pick which ever one makes for the best narrative at the time! Also with one man who's also out fighting, the one disrupter rule does limit the potential for over-abuse.

I intentionally wanted to use panic attacks when we first rolled the MC disrupter out for practical reasons (Munty didn't have high MC Skill, and panic attacks are easier to perform) and since my foes were Lobstermen. I did end up controlling one by mistake and had it spot a few of its pals during the mimicked panic. :P

I think I'm next after BB, so that's my evening's schedule filled up.

edit: Due to carelessness on my part (got a lot on the mind - and experienced a tornado yesterday), I've spent the better part of the evening correcting it, so haven't had a chance to fire up the game. So make that tomorrow night.

- NKF

So we could, within those rules, pass the single device around the squad and so dominate the battlefield... (As if we weren't doing that already! :P )

I'd been considering passing it around just for the sake of making sure all units got a go with it, as even a single panic attack grants a chance of TU gains etc at the end of the mission. Since the end is in sight, I reckon it's time to knuckle down, select a squad and train them up.

... Or we could just send Munty to T'leth... :)

I'm just about to start (and wondering where all my GC-HE shells went). Before I properly begin the game I thought I'd check through the MC Strength levels for the MC Lab graduates at HQ and I've picked out a bunch of names that are of concern to me. I didn't worry about those with middling MC Strength, close to 50, but those really low ones are as follows:

Experienced troops: Rodreigo Aguila, Louis Lefevre and Jacqueline Lecointe

Rookies: Rudi Richter, Gerhard Hafner, Klaus Unger, Tatyana P, Uma Conway, Edward Parton, Grigory Mannski (he's been ressurected!)

I'm not going to do anything with them on my turn except strip them of their Ion/Mag Ion armour, as I'd like to see what everyone else wants to do with these questionables. We do need to clear them out of HQ and make room for some new troops before the end of the month.

First thought was to keep the experienced soldiers and keep them as a garrison in one of the outposts - maybe upgrade listener-1 to an intercept outpost and add a garrison. They're still good against lobstermen. The rookies however should probably just get sacked and replaced.

Also while we're at it, I've noted a few very high MC strength rookies that would be excellent avatar material, or at least prime candidates to train up into super soldiers for the T'Leth attack team: Yuri Gakanovich, Lyudmila L and Gerhard Gunkel. Most of their stats are rubbish, but should be pretty decent after a few missions.

edit: Outpost-1's also got a few good and bad candidates as well. I'll go through them and mark the with x's, X's, p's and P's.

- NKF

Best to keep the game flowing rather than let it stagnate if there's no response after a couple of days.

Was just rereading my last mission and there were a lot of aliens that had dropped their weapons before the panic started to set in. Is it possible for the aliens to panic silently without alerting the player? Or is the player only alerted to the really major panic attacks?

- NKF