Patch for all Aliens

Tiberius

Hmm, there's no way to "properly" implement aliens from UFO in TFTD (or vice versa), so that they have their correct stats, research & UFOpedia entries, etc...

But the "hybrid" generator in my toolkit can at least redraw all the sprites so you can fight against them.

It "could", with further coding, but it currently does not.

I've had a plan in the back of my mind to create an "alien importer" program, which would allow you to "replace" aliens from one game with races from the other. This would require finding the alien stats in every single available game executable (Zombie has already made head-way into this, though I don't know if he's got all executables covered yet).

The main "problem" is the animation routines, I can't realistically port those between games. Because just about every alien has it's own unique animation and PCK file format, it's difficult to map an alien from one game to an alien in the other.

Nevertheless, my software does already allow this, but there are limits. For example, if you want to import the Muton race into TFTD, it has to replace the Gillmen. Ditto if you want to import the Floaters, or Snakemen... Hence you can only have one of these races in TFTD at a time (I did try to match up the stats and racial abilities somewhat, there's actually a fair bit of documentation on the matter included in my tool pack).

I hope you will be able, someday, to add aliens and not just remplace one by an other.

Be attack by an alien horde of the two game, that a dream so great... or mix the two game at the same time... in the ocean and on the land with all the weapon and technology... or just when you finish EU, the TFTD begin with the same soldiers weapon and technologies... so awesome...