UFOExtender in steam

dogfish

UFO Extender is for the CE (Windows) version of EU only. While it's quite possible to tell DOSBox to execute it, it won't actually work that way, because DOSBox doesn't handle Windows apps.

I see on Seb's talk page that you've already tried it with the CE version (the Steam release obviously contains both DOS/Windows versions of the game), but you said it ran "horribly". What did you mean by that? What operating system are you trying to run it under?

I am running Vista64

By horribly I mean that the graphics are all discolored and when I move the mouse off the bottom of the screen it gets lost until I find it again.

BB, It makes sense to me now that a dos emulator can't run a windows executable :) also I did not know the steam download came with both versions.

Kabbage I got Extender to run with the steam installation by following these steps:

1. Install EU from steam (obv)

2. Follow normal instructions for installing UFO Extender

3. Install XComUtil (MUST USE Beta v9.7) say yes or no to all the options but make sure you say yes to the 'Detect UFO Extender' question.

4. To launch double click on .../steamapps/common/xcom ufo defense/xcom/runxcom.bat

(Don't launch from steam).

This info came from the wiki page BB posted above.

Everything seems to be working fine now (no discoloration or anything).

Only problems:

1. Unless I run the game in dosbox I can't run it in a window. 320x200 does not look good on a 24 inch monitor :)

2. Steam won't track my hours played of xcom ;) ~80 now since I bought it on steam