Acoustic Guitar ....

lura345

is it to learn acoustic guitar? I've tried to pick up bass long long ago, so I have a very crude understanding of how a guitar works.

Lately, I've been getting all these great idea's of songs in my head (and I have a basic mastery of reading/writing music) but I can't exactly put it into song without the proper tools. So I've decided to teach myself to play acoustic guitar,

so, those of you guitar junkies/veterans any tips/pointers? Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to the brand of acoustic to pick up that'd be more than welcome.

Please bear in mind that I don't work because I'm just like that and I don't have all that much money (part of the reason why I'm teaching myself after all) but I don't care about that stuff, I just want to make music.

Suggestions, points, advice, anything?

Crafter do cheap but decent guitars of all kinds. If you're just looking to learn, you don't really want to sink hundreds into an instrument at first.

I'm picking up the bass again, and quite frankly I am rubbish. Several books from my local library (How to Play Bass Guitar, Bass Guitar for Dummies, So You're a Retard and Want to Play Bass, etc) have been invaluable and I'm sure there are equivalents for acoustic.